RARE Iceland Green 1996 Cannondale Super V 900 Carbon

manbeer

Old School Hero
Selling an uncommon 1996 Super V 900 Carbon in Iceland Green. I have only seen one other on the internet, actually on this site. I picked this up a while back from a shop in a bad area. I became friendly with the owner and he would let me know when they had interesting bikes come in as trades or used bikes. He called me one day to tell me he had a nice bike with Kooka Cranks and i should come down. When i came in, the bike was much cleaner than i expected but the price was a bit high. Much to my avail he was not very negotiable but i justified the cost with the fact that the Kooka Cranks in rasta anodized finish were worth a couple hundred alone so it would help offset the cost. Long story short, the cranks were cracked. At the end of the day i was happy about rescuing it as it was sitting on a rack in front with crackheads strolling by and i would hate to see it fall into the wrong hands

Knowing very little about cannondale, i began digging. As i found out a bit more, i learned that the bike i purchased was a fairly uncommon bike in general, and especially in this color scheme. The good news is that the bike is almost all original and very clean. Suspension still functions perfectly and it has no real flaws worth noting. The bottom on the downtube was some small bumps that feel almost like slag from the welding that are under the paint but other than that it's CLEAN AS A WHISTLE

Some things i forgot to mention - Parts are almost all original. The Specs can be found easily on bikepedia but it was a fairly odd combo. The previous owner had swapped a couple things with lower end parts so i tried to replace them with parts more suited to the original build

Cranks were originally Coda (sugino impel) now STX-RC
Brakes were originally Alivio, owner replaced w crappy V's, i replaced with M738? XT V's
Brake levers originally coda, have and will include- Replaced W Avid SpeedDials
Derailleur was originally LX iirc, had M750 XT, I installed NOS 1995 LX
Has Gore Ride On Cables
Saddle is a bontrager of some variety
Tires are Kenda? cant remember but will check

So really aside from from having V's installed, it looks as if it rolled off the showroom floor. Looking at the bike i would be surprised if it had more than a hundred miles or so on it.

I Will be following up with pics later or tomorrow. It's a very special bike for a Cannondale guy which unfortunately i am not. I am however, a hoarder so now that i am up to 28 frames/bikes the mrs wants me to clean up house

Asking 450 plus shipping for the complete bike

300 For the frame/fork/Headset/Stem/FD

Spent the better part of the day digging myself out of the snow but I have some pre parts swap pics on my mempry card somewhere. They will be up soon :)

Re: I HAVE A NICE ONE FOR SALE

I have one for sale
Asking 1000
New tires
New seat
New bars
New headset
New rockshox
New front brakes

Attachments

• 20200521_153418.jpg
    20200521_153418.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 442
  • 20200521_153546.jpg
    20200521_153546.jpg
    938.3 KB · Views: 440
  • 20200521_153707.jpg
    20200521_153707.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 440
  • 20200521_153759.jpg
    20200521_153759.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 439
  • 20200521_154000.jpg
    20200521_154000.jpg
    745.3 KB · Views: 439
Re:

I'm guessing the potential "weld slag" you mention is the aluminium corroding/oxidising and going powdery then blistering up the paint.
90's 'Dale's suffer from this.

Re:

Ummm that was the first guys post . Im a new guy posting on his post
I just replied saying
"I have one for sale "

Re:

Ummm that was the first guys post . Im a new guy posting on his post
I just replied saying
"I have one for sale "

Re:

Yes i know that as your post has a different user name.
I was advising the creator of this thread, a possible explanation to the mysterious blemish on the bike he has for sale.
Nothing to do with you or the bike your selling.

Back