Wanted Rapid rise / low normal rear derailleur and shifter

Madmax1993

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
A friend of mine is working on an adaptive bike for his mum, and feels it would be easier for her to operate the gears in the low normal configuration. I'm hoping someone on here has a rear derailleur and shifter that they would sell us?
Thanks in advance.

No difference in the shifter, it's just the rear mech that works the opposite way. There is an XT rear on eBay at the moment due to finish in the next 48 hrs.

My friend is watching eBay and the usual channels, I'm wondering if anyone in the community here might have one for sale. The community has pulled through on many occasions before, so I'm still hopeful.

My friend is watching eBay and the usual channels, I'm wondering if anyone in the community here might have one for sale. The community has pulled through on many occasions before, so I'm still hopeful.
I'm on the hunt for one as well. If I hear/see one and it's not quite what I'm looking for, I'll message you.

I'm on the hunt for one as well. If I hear/see one and it's not quite what I'm looking for, I'll message you.
Thanks for that. I've found a really basic one that'll do the job in my local cycling charity shop. They also had a couple of Nexave ones if they're of any use to you? I didn't realise they existed at all levels, I thought they were Deore LX and above before now.

Got a deore LX one. Its in good condition. The chap who sold it me didnt bother to tell me it was rapid rise. Was not well pleased.Has me changing up gears instead of down.Will happily move it on as long as I can get a used top normal in similar condition to fit in its place. Its a silver one

Funnily enough I did the same not so long ago on a bike I put together for my mother-in-law who hadn't ridden for 25+ years. I think it makes the gears easier to explain/remember, since on both sides it's a finger click to make it 'easier', a thumb press to make it 'harder'.

Back