RANDONNEUR HIGHLAND OVERNIGHTER RIDE 19-20 AUGUST 2017

Re: Re:

velomaniac":2p3hidf4 said:
I have just read that its viewed as the toughest road hill climb in the UK for cycling. So anyone who has done the road to Applecross by bike gets my respect ....
Och, never believe those southern softies...

Little old ladies ride up longer and steeper stuff in Spain on shopping bikes. :)

Re:

Whether or not the hills are easy or hard or somewhere inbetween it sounds like a great weekend .
Something I would like to do however unable to come due to usual family stuff. Birthday and anniversary that weekend.
And I don't have a suitable bike or equipment :(
Hope you get a good turnout and the weather stays kind.

There's a free camping area in Sheildaig (honesty box for donations) and the Sheildaig Inn does good food and fine ale.

Re:

When I did the Bealach na Ba (intending doing the same route as Jamie) we camped at Lochcarron. Absoultely pissed down from the moment we left campsite. Got to the top of the pass and the four of us unanimously decided to call it a day. Drenched. Refused service in cafe as we refused to sit outside and they wouldn't let us inside due to dripping.......returned to LC Hotel and got wasted on Fullers ESB :LOL:

Awoken next morning by bacon and black pudding roll being thrust into my tent door. Then bimbled around towards achnasheen/shellach.

Just discovered I don't need to be in Killicrankie on 20th after all.

Panda is thinking..........................................

Thinking............ it can't be as bad as last time ;)
C'mon, you know you want to.

Jamie

Re:

"want to" and "able to" are very different conditions.

However, just realised I have a bivvy shelter at bottom of rucsac, last used on South Clunie Ridge approx 10, maybe 15 (yikes!) years ago. Still thinking.........

No way am I hauling a tent up that hill!!

OK! Plans and stuff need to be finalised and put into place so a quick head count of who is coming from retrobike would be good.
Anyone, even if it's just for the day, please let me know.
LGF, are you still up for this?
Highlandflyer, do you want to join us for the Sunday if your busy for Saturday, or even meet for a cuppa somewhere on your route? Lochcarron maybe.

Jamie

Back