Raleigh Royal 23" stunning 87 touring bike, mint! NOW SOLD

thecycleman

Retro Newbie
Raleigh Royal touring bike - 23" frame (large)

1987 Raleigh royal touring bike in stunning and totally original condition handbuilt reynolds 531st lugged frame with shimano drop outs, It also comes with the hand signed build certificate including the frame number by clive hodgson from when it was built! (The frame is 23" from centre of bottom bracket to centre of top tube and also measures 23" from centre of seat tube to centre of headtube)
The fork is reynolds 531ti and also features shimano drop outs and could carry panniers along with the mudguards.
The wheelset consists of 36 spoke shimano R105 hubs and weinmann polished 156 rims.
Brake levers are weinmann and the brakes themselves are dia compe frog legs what have the original (unworn) dia compe blocks fitted.
The shifters and mechs are all shimano light action.
Chainset is a sakae sa with the original sakae 30-40-50 chain rings.
Bottom bracket and headset are tange.
Brooks B17 original saddle what is immaculate on a sakae laprade fluted post.
Sakae custom road champion bars with original bar tape!
Original guards,rack and cat eye reflectors fitted.
Also included is a caradice saddle bag that fits perfect on the brooks with a spare new old stock shimano chain and nos innertube along with the original raleigh pump that fits onto the frame and the mks pedals as fitted in pictures.

As you have probably guessed this is a pristine bike handbuilt in england and very rare to come across in this condition, As a guess i would say its covered less than 100 mile due to rims and brake pads showing no wear! (I bought it with no intention of using) the wheels look like they had never been off before so when removed to clean the quick release`s were only lightly tightened on re-fitting. Being very very critical the rear tyre has few cracks and lever hoods also nothing really bad but i`m just being 100% honest.

Cash on collection preferred from out skirts of wolverhampton 2 minutes from J1-M54
I could deliver for fuel costs but not willing to box up for a courier as its not something you can just buy again if it does somehow get damaged.
Buyer will Not be disappointed!
Any questions feel free to ask on here or 07952861643, it is also advertised on ebay but would accept £400, what i think is fair as it would be worth £300 without the certificate/caradice bag/spare chain etc etc.

Re: Raleigh Royal 23" stunning 87 touring bike, mint!

Look at the price of Thorns etc and think ...."now that is a BARGAIN!"

Sadly, too big for me.

Re: Raleigh Royal 23" stunning 87 touring bike, mint!

I'd list it on the CTC forum as well if you haven't already :)

I can't see that hanging around for long.

Back