Sold Koga Miyata Globe Traveller Touring Bike 54 cm. Brooks B67 - £ 275.

They went under my radar for many years but fortunately, I have come to learn just how good they really are.

I'm keeping hold of my other one as although it's quite a bit heavier than this, it's got front suspension which is good for my canal riding.

This one is lighter and quicker than my other one but speed's never really been my thing tbh.

Can we see a photo of your other one with front suspension please? It surprises me that more expedition bikes don't have it, I specified it on my Roberts Roughstuff which is the only one I have seen with it fitted and would not be without it, as you say great on canals.

Yesterday's weather was grim here so, had to wait until today.

It rolls better than any bike I've ever owned. Apparently it's something to do with the clutch in the rear hub.

Attachments

• 20231003_155400.jpg
    20231003_155400.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 20231003_155418.jpg
    20231003_155418.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 20231003_155447.jpg
    20231003_155447.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Yesterday's weather was grim here so, had to wait until today.

It rolls better than any bike I've ever owned. Apparently it's something to do with the clutch in the rear hub.

A great looking expedition bike that I never knew was available with front suspension, thanks for posting.

A great looking expedition bike that I never knew was available with front suspension, thanks for posting.
TBH, due to a longstanding foot injury, I use it as my canal bike.

The Panaracer Gravel King's make it a supple and surprisingly nimble ride. I've got both versions of them in this colour.

Alas, my lengthy days in the saddle are well and truly over.

I do know of someone who went from Surrey to Robin Hoods Bay on one; some ride that must have been!

Back