Raleigh Rapide 12 1983

Re:

Some people will think you're wrecking it and some won't. Its your bike so do what you want with it.

There were a couple of links above to both options so see which you prefer and go from there.

The main thing is you like the end result and use it.

Re:

Can't believe somebody had taken that to the tip :shock:

Can I ask what you paid ?

I can, our local tip won't let anything back out (more than my jobs worth mate) and I've seen all sorts of decent things in there, not just bikes.

Re: Re:

Splatter Paint":3r33puzf said:
The plan...

1. Keep it retro looking (from 5 metres away :LOL: )
2. Use parts to hand.
3. No unnessecary spend.

I did similar with a Holdsworth frame I picked up a few years ago that's a couple of years older than your Raleigh, it looks retro from a distance (especially as I can't do clipless pedals), I used what I had to hand (including the paint colour) and spent as little as possible (the only concession being the new decals and PlanetX Holdsworth chainset as they had them on sale at the time) but it's an absolute joy to ride and I've put a good few miles on it.

Attachments

• elanrb.jpg
    elanrb.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 420
Re: Re:

enc":y19avm1r said:
Can't believe somebody had taken that to the tip :shock:

Can I ask what you paid ?

£20! :D This is better though, I picked it up from the tip on Wednesday - £6. RRP is £300

- I rebuilt this today, I needed to clear the space.... widomaker is sending me a rear mech to finish it. There were HUNDREDS of little paint chips, I used Humbrol Signal Red. Looks good up to about 2m away.

Attachments

• Frog_52.jpg
    Frog_52.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 408
Re:

Then I had to finish this for a friend's son. It needed a back to bare frame re-build like the Frog. I'm waiting for some grips and need to buy a short stem. Nice bike though. My cousin just donated it - good lad :cool:

Attachments

• Caldera.jpg
    Caldera.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 407
Re:

Sooo, all that done... on to the Raleigh.

The tip will provide - Mavic Open Sport laced to 105 hubs £3 :cool: 10 speed cassette included in the price....

I picked up some Specialized tubes that had been discarded on the road :oops: amazingly I got a matched pair!

Attachments

• wheels.jpg
    wheels.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 406

Latest posts

Back