Raleigh Racer - a little help needed please

For a tenner a pair I'll give them a punt. I've bought a couple of things from bankruptbikeparts and they have been OK. Problem is their website is huge!

Even if all they do is stop the rims hitting the ground wheeling bikes across the garage :)

Shaun

Bats":1zszys7s said:
Maca":1zszys7s said:
personally I wouldn't use those dynamic tyres the colour (imho) isn't very nice. When I restored my mates one we used these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-700c-x-2 ... 1377265929?

They look great and period

I don't think I'd trust them to be honest. dynamic classics are dead cheap, but these look so cheap they're suspicious.

Just my opinion Dynamics look horid, don't like the colour or the logo. These are cheap but are just fine my mate has put plenty on miles on them.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I was intrigued by these cheap tyres so I bought a pair. Here's what you get.

Is that brand name 'Saura Kraun' ? I'm not sure with that script.
The tan wall colour is nice but they look pretty scruffy and a bit twisted up, probably not helped by being folded double in the post. I'm sure they'll look better when fitted and as long as I get a few hundred miles out of them I'll be happy.

Attachments

• DSCN0964A.jpg
    DSCN0964A.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 379
If you want to actually enjoy riding the bike throw some decent tyres on it, otherwise you may spend more time fixing punctures than riding. More importantly good tyres really do make a big difference to ride feel as well.

Veloflex, Challenge and continental all make some nice gum walls, I think there's a thread on tyres in the retro classic road section. You'll need to decide which balance of performance, puncture resistance and looks best suits your needs.

Once you fit them and clean them they look great (imho), as for the ride I agree but I suppose it depend what you are using the bike for, hard core or just zipping around and so on. We've not had any problems with punctures yet ........... touch wood. And for a cheap retro looking tyre they did the job. Especially on old bike that my mate didn't want to spend to much on so £50 each tyres were not an option.

Back