Raleigh Racer - a little help needed please

Great looking bike in original condition, I to would say early cadet. I recently restored a 86 one for a friend and that certainly didn't have the branded crank arms.

Re:

Thanks for all your comments guys.

I would like to change the tyres and would like to change them to originals if possible - do NOS ones of these pop up at all on eBay?

Failing that, can any one recommend some alternatives, but in keeping with what is on there now?

Many thanks :)

personally I wouldn't use those dynamic tyres the colour (imho) isn't very nice. When I restored my mates one we used these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-700c-x-2 ... 1377265929?

They look great and period

This is his finished bike

New decals, paint touched up, new tyres, inner cables, chain, hoods and bar tape rest was cleaned.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
there must be a way to convert those lights to led. You could have the retro look with modern lighting, and save a fortune on batteries.

1 cheap set of led lamps + 1 dremmal + 6 cans of stella = job done

Maca":32qhykf9 said:
personally I wouldn't use those dynamic tyres the colour (imho) isn't very nice. When I restored my mates one we used these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAIR-700c-x-2 ... 1377265929?

They look great and period

I don't think I'd trust them to be honest. dynamic classics are dead cheap, but these look so cheap they're suspicious.

Back