Raleigh Off Road Series Projects

raleighmtb

Dirt Disciple
Evening all!

Its been a while since I was last on Retrobike forum, but its great to see its still alive and kicking, just like the bikes!

After a while of dabbling (sorry, getting well into..!) Dawes Kingpin's...I felt as though I needed to scratch a 26" wheeled itch once more. Here the short story begins.

I bought a 1995 Raleigh M-Trax Ti2000 back in 2020, whilst i was recovering from a long awaited Kidney transplant, and I needed something to keep my mind occupied whilst Covid hit, and I had to isolate.

I'd always wanted one, since I was at my last years at School, and I found one that was original and looked after, relative local.

As much as I wanted to get used to the position of riding one again, it was just too uncomfortable because of my Transplant being at the front , hence the diversion of Dawes Kingpin's (don't laugh!) and the more upright riding position.

I, like an absolute muppet, sold it to some one locally, and I've never seen it since.

Fast forward to 2021, and I'm enjoying the whole Kingpin scene (yes, there is one!) and I see a near mint Raleigh Dyna-tech Diablo for sale...it, to be honest, gets my juices flowing!

So, after collecting said bike, I pop it in the office at home, and whilst I am working from home by this time, its always there in eye shot...There laid an issue.

I'd bought a bike, I daren't use, as it was far too tidy!

Fast forward (again!) to 2022, and we were all of a sudden moving house, and I crazily sold the Diablo to an enthusiast...who has offered me first refusal on the bike, when and if they sell it, but its gone to a great home.

We are now in July 2022, and that 26" poke in the ribs was back...this time for good.

What have I stumped up for this time?

Well, here we are. A Raleigh Ravine, and as recently as Saturday just gone, a Raleigh Peak too.

There will be an Apex & Summit come along at some point, I just know it, but these are definitely keepers...in fact I'm thinning the Kingpin's out in the mean time as well...these are both project bikes, so there looking decidedly incomplete at the moment, but I will update this as and when progress happens.

What goes around, comes around eh!?

Sorry for the ramble on, just wanted to give you the back story!

Steve

IMG_0555.jpeg IMG_0564.jpeg IMG_0562.jpeg 100CC1D8-28DC-4F40-B5CC-50996186C3B3.jpeg IMG_0312.jpeg IMG_9376.jpeg

Last edited:
Back