Raleigh Ilkeston Reunion

501Brian":2wlizxaw said:
My Ilkeston (I think) machine (originally it had white 105 aero levers, now proper Dia Compe 204 levers)
11271095643_840d3982f6_c.jpg

11271046614_4ac74fd160_z.jpg

hmmm...that doesn't look like an ilkeston built frame, more like a factory built bike. your frame no. should start with SB ----

rusty bodie":2v4nvbf1 said:
501Brian":2v4nvbf1 said:
My Ilkeston (I think) machine (originally it had white 105 aero levers, now proper Dia Compe 204 levers)
11271095643_840d3982f6_c.jpg

11271046614_4ac74fd160_z.jpg

hmmm...that doesn't look like an ilkeston built frame, more like a factory built bike. your frame no. should start with SB ----

Correct there rb,

not an Ilkeston frame.

Jon (aka Roadking).

So is there a reunion this year, do we know yet? The date below is Easter weekend, though I know it was only an indication.

I don't use facebook, so can't check the link.

Cheers,
Gareth.

Ian Raleigh":30g9yvb4 said:
Is there to be another re-union then ??

If so I can post up this on a facebook page:

A heads up for anyone who owns and rides an Ilkeston built Raleigh road bike and is interested in attending a re-union!

The re-union which will be held on ***Saturday the 20th April*** 2014 at the Gardeners public house/Pub in Asworth / Ilkeston from about 12 noon onwards.

Come along and meet the men that made these wonderful machines.

No room for 'other types' of road bikes due to size of pub yard.

If you have one or more of these beautiful bikes please do come and have a chin wag about the good days! I'm sure it will be good.

***Could have a different date/time***

Hope you don't mind but I've nicked a few quotes from the above posts and may put them up on the facebook page which called '80's cycling Remembered'

Brilliant page for anyone who enjoyed their cycle racing in the 80's and is full of regular postings from past Pro's.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/80sCycling/

Gareth I sent the OP a PM early this year, think it was January and he still hasn't read it,
so he's either dead or no longer visits this forum, so you can say bye bye to this idea.

Hi Ian,
Indeed, from his posting history he doesn't spend much tine around these parts.

However, I'd guess he's one of the regulars on the TI Raleigh Team Pros, and I think he's been chipping in over there of late.

I'll fire the same question over there, and report back.

Cheers,
Gareth.

Back