Raleigh Gran Sport Actually Built see P.23

To THM.... apologies for resurrecting your thread, but had to say how much I've enjoyed the members good humoured banter, and yes the bike is a real stunner. One question though. How did you train the bike in the photos on Page 27 to stand up all on its own? Mine keeps falling over no matter how many times I say "stay!" and rush for my camera. :facepalm:

Lackluster":pa5n4bjl said:
To THM.... apologies for resurrecting your thread, but had to say how much I've enjoyed the members good humoured banter, and yes the bike is a real stunner. One question though. How did you train the bike in the photos on Page 27 to stand up all on its own? Mine keeps falling over no matter how many times I say "stay!" and rush for my camera. :facepalm:

I think he’s got his secret sausage out....

Attachments

• 5FDD0CC1-168F-4354-9512-3B5E75AB4DCD.jpeg
    5FDD0CC1-168F-4354-9512-3B5E75AB4DCD.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 940
Lackluster":456redsb said:
I'm glad we entertained you. We are available for after dinner speaking and party conferences.

The bike is rather lovely.

The History Man":3rrk7ddx said:
I was hoping for at least 30. :(

It took 10 months, but very well done.... :D

Lackluster":1thgk6xb said:
One question though. How did you train the bike in the photos on Page 27 to stand up all on its own? Mine keeps falling over no matter how many times I say "stay!" and rush for my camera. :facepalm:

It's being held up by a large red arrow.

The History Man":a5k0rdqo said:
Lackluster":a5k0rdqo said:
One question though. How did you train the bike in the photos on Page 27 to stand up all on its own? Mine keeps falling over no matter how many times I say "stay!" and rush for my camera. :facepalm:

It's being held up by a large red arrow.

Is it out of storage yet?

Just read through this in its entirety to get some inspiration on my Gran Sport build.

Top job, lovely bike THM. Its got me really looking forward to the first ride out on mine.........

Re: Gran Sport - paint code?

Great see your completed project.

I’m on the starting blocks with a 1982 caramel Pearl Gran Sport and I wondered if there was any reference you had so I could get some?

This is my second go - a place in Portsmouth on v1 gave me basically copper - nice, but not right. I rushed them and it was a pretty battered specimen, to be fair.

My nearest colour match place, after a long period of waiting it out in lockdown were giving me the teeth-sucking treatment this week, the spectrometer doesn’t work on covered surfaces, there wasn’t a chip that matched, etc. Not convinced about the VW orange idea.

V1 Forks rechromed at Dorsetware in Poole for £75 - more teeth sucking, but they did it.

Back