Raleigh Dyna-Tech Odyssey

CBM

Retro Newbie
Hi Folks,
Having Googled the make & model of a bicycle that's been in my Dad's garage for around 30yrs that I know of your Forum came up hence my posting here. Where the bike came from, why, or how I've no idea.
Even though it not exactly in the best condition would it be of use/interest to an enthusiast at all ?
If you need more pictures please lmk which areas of the bike.
IMG_20221010_170624221.jpg IMG_20221010_170650018_HDR.jpg IMG_20221010_170700716_HDR.jpg IMG_20221010_170752622.jpg IMG_20221010_170803933.jpg
Many thanks in advance,
Chris

Hi Folks,
Having Googled the make & model of a bicycle that's been in my Dad's garage for around 30yrs that I know of your Forum came up hence my posting here. Where the bike came from, why, or how I've no idea.
Even though it not exactly in the best condition would it be of use/interest to an enthusiast at all ?
If you need more pictures please lmk which areas of the bike.
View attachment 765244View attachment 765245View attachment 765246View attachment 765247View attachment 765248
Many thanks in advance,
Chris
Hi, welcome to the forum. There are plenty of Raleigh Dyna-Tech enthusiasts on here that would be interested in your Dad's bike.

You could also check out the Facebook group pictured below, where you'll find plenty of Dyna-Techies.

Screenshot_20230801-182803.png

Really appreciate the feedback, thank you. As mentioned I didn't go any further than your Forum when I originally Googled the make & model so hear that someone may well want it is great. Would you able to advise where best to offer it for sale and what a reasonable price would be ?

Thanks again

Really appreciate the feedback, thank you. As mentioned I didn't go any further than your Forum when I originally Googled the make & model so hear that someone may well want it is great. Would you able to advise where best to offer it for sale and what a reasonable price would be ?

Thanks again
Lovely bike and nice and original, I have an identical one so am biased! Best place to sell for most money is eBay, you’d have to split it and give the parts a good clean for the most money. Your bike is kitted out with its original Shimano Deore XT including the seatpost and pedals, just the headset is not XT and should be a Tioga Avenger - there’s some good value in that kit if the condition is ok - just look for M732 or similar on eBay sold items for value. You could sell as a whole bike if you offer postage to max your value, though expect to get much less than the total value of the parts.

You may get some interest on here in the “for sales” as a full bike, though expect to get less than eBay but would be going (hopefully) to enthusiasts not just someone trying to strip and flip. Offering to post would make it more saleable and including your location. Would need to see some better photos of the forks as they look a bit rusty. Value I’m not sure - quick easy sale on here maybe £150 for the lot. Split and clean every component and sell on eBay you could get £100s but would take a while.

Wow, way more info than I could have hoped for, thank you.
It nice to hear that there's so much interest these bikes, i'd much rather an enthusiast have it rather than part it out to make money.
Classic Japanese motorcycles are my thing and unfortunately in that market so many perfectly useable bikes being parted out purely to make £££££'s which is a really shame.

Many thanks

Back