Raleigh Dyna Tech Encounter Resto

beaglepop

Dyna-Tech Fan
Hi all,

Ive just purchased myself a Dyna Tech Encounter frame and forks (cro mo tubes) and im hoping to restore it to a spec of its year if possible. This is my first build so im pretty much an amateur to this although i used to build bmx's so i think i can handle it :? Though i will be looking for plenty of help on parts and sizes as i pretty much know nothing about any of this so please do go easy on the abuse :cry:

I'll post some pics up as soon as i get it, in the week sometime hopefully!

The reason why i went for a Dyna Tech is that i had Raleighs through the late 80's and 90's and a friend of mine had a MT5 which i loved so luckily sourced myself a frame and forks, not a ti but im not bothered about that. It will only be used for the road but i would like to get it looking as original as possible.

I look forward to all the input from you boffs.

Cheers,

Marcus.

Thanks for that, saved me a lot of searching! I will be sure to start a thread as soon as i recieve the frame. I have an old 90's Claud Butler bike im going to rob for parts just so i can ride it as soon as possible.

Nothing wrong with that mate.

I always think its better to get a bike built and then upgrade and change what you like. Saves time and hassle that way.

Back