Raleigh Courier - £30 Gumtree find

I think you're being harsh on the Gumtree one - that will bash out no problem :D

Lovely looking thing is that though for pootling around on. The Walthamstow Hackney imports will be most jealous! The hub suggests that it's very early nineties made. The tubing decal is also early 90's raleigh.

The SA 3 speed hubs are also bombproof and generally hassle free. It's likely a gummed up or stretched/slack shifter cable but they're cheap to replace if needed 👍

I think you're being harsh on the Gumtree one - that will bash out no problem :D

Lovely looking thing is that though for pootling around on. The Walthamstow Hackney imports will be most jealous! The hub suggests that it's very early nineties made. The tubing decal is also early 90's raleigh.

The SA 3 speed hubs are also bombproof and generally hassle free. It's likely a gummed up or stretched/slack shifter cable but they're cheap to replace if needed 👍
Funny thing is - I’ve recently moved from Walthamstow (to Wivenhoe in Essex) - it’s hipster town now - and you’re right, they’d be jealous of it! Haha!

I watched a YouTube video of a guy adjusting the SA hub using the adjuster on the cable chain thing - I tightened it and now it’s shifting !!

Is this early 90ies? I assumed it was early 80ies? I guess it’ll have the date stamped on the hub! Let me see

Back