Ragley

Frames are made in batches, they'll get x00 Blue Pigs or whatever in one hit, and then get another x00 when the first batch is running low. They may or may not take the opportunity to redesign them at that point. But they don't just continously roll off a production line, so if you need a warranty replacement but you've sold them all, you have to wait for the next batch. If that batch is a redesign batch and gets delayed, you have to wait longer. There are minimum orders, so you can't just get one of the old ones for a warranty without getting another 99 that you don't necessarily want.

Not trying to make excuses on anyone's behalf, but this is how it is. You're right of course, delays are never good, people tend to just go and buy something else :)

Didn't want to post on this but I think its about time I did.

I am the chap who has the seat tube issue with his pig.

I bought it almost a year ago and was pretty much the last 20" pig in the country (I know this as I search the whole country).

4 rides later the Ragley seat clamp snapped, found another that fitted but for the life in me I couldn't get the seat post to stay put.

Spoke to Brant Richards regarding this issue, this was about June 2010 who said he would replace the frame under warranty but the new ones wouldn't be due in till Sep. He said shim the post and all will be sorted.

Sep came and went and spoke to Brant again who told me it was now Dec for delivery.
You guessed it, Dec came and went so did Jan, then was told it was May 2011.

The pig has not been ridden since Aug 2010 and will never be rode again.
I understand about batch orders etc but it doesn't help the fact I still don't have a bike nearly a year after I bought it.

Yes I could have got a refund but chose not to. :roll:

From what Brant told me on the phone a month or so ago, was the factory made the show samples perfect but when it came to the production run, all of them failed QC inspection. The factory were making cockups on the tube profiles etc.

I loved the ride of the pig but did find it a bit harsh on the old knees.

bivvy i agree with what you say, i really do, but i just dont get the fact that you need the gusset on the piglet, non of the Cotics ( which are steel )have the gussets, and they pass the latest CEN tests with flying colours, at the end of the day if the pass the tests they pass, why do they have to pass X10, The 456 Carbon they CEN tested passed with flying colours too, i am aware the 456C is hand rolled and everyone will have diffrent strengths but they still passed, so not really with you on the the statement about my frame will crack ' because iy hasnt got a gusset'carbon is a super tough material, but when it goes it goes big style.
I dont know of anyone with a Cotic that has cracked there frame, and a few of my ridding buddies have the Cotics.
I do the most silly stuff on my Carbon bike i treat it like i treat my DH bike and its tough as old boots,and at present its still in one piece.

Back