R.S.P 250 Reincarnated

joeolismith

Retro Newbie
Hello folks. After it's many years of inactivity I decided I was going to strip and rebuild my much loved R.S.P 250. The judy XC's were pretty goosed so to keep things simple I went rigid and indeed single speed. I Sprayed it white using plastikote which gave a reasonable finish then applied some letraset (dry rub transfers) then lacquered over. I filed the brake and cable mounts away but left the rear brake hose guides thinking they would serve a purpose but only one of them is really any use as they placed the lower one much to close to the caliper for it to be possible to have the hose run through it. It's been bashed about a bit since ill probably have it powder coated and apply some custom copper coloured transfers at a later date. Cheers for looking. Joe.

Spec -

Frame 17.5 Raleigh Special Products 250 7005 Aluminium I believe.

Identiti Rebate Cro-Mo Fork

Middleburn RS7 34t TA Chainring.

Front Wheel Rather old but true silver Mavic D521on Limited edition bronze Macneil bmx hub

Rear wheel Black Mavic D521 on Hope Pro2 single speed hub. I discovered that the wheel was first ever built 1994 under the rim tape when I had it laced to the pro 2 I recieved the wheel attached to a front big un.

Bars. Canondale Coda riser bars 10 years old.

Stem. Dmr Headstock.

Head Set. White Fsa Orbit Sealed

Brake. Avid juicy Three.

Tyres. Maxxis Holy Rollers 2.4.

Seat. X-lite PSS1 (Dry weather saddle)

Pedals. S&M 101 Flats.

bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

Latest posts

Back