Questions on: '94 Specialized Stumpjumper s-works FSR Retro

Who knows what they are worth its what you want to pay for it... The one in your ebay link is potentially a mix, either:

1. 1993/94 Sworks frame but they have spray painted the rear alloy tubes silver

or

2. 1993/94 S Works frame but they have swapped over the rear tubes from a 1995 SWorks which ran silver ones.

Heres mine which is a genuine 1993/94 SWorks frame set that has not altered since it was sold.

Attachments

• FSR (2).JPG
    FSR (2).JPG
    214.1 KB · Views: 323
  • SpecFSR (13).JPG
    SpecFSR (13).JPG
    322.6 KB · Views: 323
Personally I think the one in the ebay advert has been converted to the 1995 rear setup (silver) as it had slightly longer travel, but still running the front 1993/94 steel SWorks frame.

Re:

Could be a 94 with the back end re painted , my 94 had the yellow decals but a very dark back end
The 95 with the white decals had a grey rear but again not the same as the ebay one , also had an Alps 4r rear shock with re bound adjuster .
The S Works were only sold as frame and fork set with a Ti stem ( not the alloy one in the picture) , again dull finish on the early and polished on the later ones , probably with an alloy seatpost too , my memory is a bit shakey but im 99% sure the 94 had an odd 29.2 seatpost while the 95 on had a 27.2 .
They could be ordered with a build kit of LX XT, OR XTR level too .
Of course the thing is it could be 95 non S Works re painted :facepalm:
Anyway , great bikes but not worth that kind of money for non orignal and miss match of components .
Cheers Paul
PS my 94 was like Jam s works one colour wise also had that very short 90mm ? head tube .

Yes good point on the odd sized seat post comment Shinobi. Mine is an awkward 29.2mm. Ended up buying a USE seat shim that works with a 27.2mm carbon seat post.

Jam_SWorks":1j2fdzay said:
Yes good point on the odd sized seat post comment Shinobi. Mine is an awkward 29.2mm. Ended up buying a USE seat shim that works with a 27.2mm carbon seat post.

I had a 94 like yours recently and that was a 29.2 but i had a brand new 95/96 back then that Spesh gave me as a warranty replacement for a cracked S Works M2 and im sure that was 27.2 .
As i say it was a great bike :D
Paul

Back