Question for the dyslexic among us

RobMac":j7eko1hc said:
Ive always thought who ever gave Dyslexia and name like that needs a slap :LOL:

Reminds me of a Graeme Garden joke from ISIHAC - at the time he was suffering from Bell's Palsy and made the wry observation that it left him unable to pronounce the name of the condition itself properly. ;)

David

FMJ":1eeufz72 said:
I used to play bass in a dyslexic death metal band. We worshiped Santa.

I'll get my caot.
That reminds me of the dyslexic existentialist insomniac.

He'd lie awake at night wondering if there is a Dog.

*gets coat*

A friend of mine is dyslexic, after returning from holiday she sent me a text to let me know she had gotten me some tobacco, "I've got your golden vagina".

Spudly":3349shdh said:
This seems very strange, a thread mentioning dyslexia, and its not because someone has used it as an excuse for either being unable to spell, or just plain text typing like a charver lol!

I am dislexic and am perfectly happy to admit I am an ass...the dislexia isn't the reason I am an ass it just means I have an added edge :D

I am of an age when at infant school dislexia was not widely known and we were called "slow starters" or put in special needs classes(special needs meant something different a long time ago)

I manage mine by spaceing things in a way that helps me get best chance......is an example, i break it down in small clumps. Some say..well use spell check but the trouble is if I knew what spell check was offering was correct I wouldn't need spell check and what it offers looks very odd to me

For your son alison especially at his age the negative thing is that at school ages kids are nasty....but if he looks on the list he will see dislexia does not stop people from doing things..it just means they find a different way to achieve the same things.

Google will show you what I mean but this is an example

http://www.dyslexia.com/famous.htm

Latest posts

Back