Not open for further replies.

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
Having read the the excellent book and also watched the excellent film with Hurt & Burton( Burtons last film) Are we now at the stage described in the above? In a state of perpetual war. Friends one minute. Enemies next. Has Russia ever been a 'real' friend?? CCTV every where? News channels telling us what to think? Certainly feels like it. A political system that keeps the same people/politics in power.

Having read the the excellent book and also watched the excellent film with Hurt & Burton( Burtons last film) Are we now at the stage described in the above? In a state of perpetual war. Friends one minute. Enemies next. Has Russia ever been a 'real' friend?? CCTV every where? News channels telling us what to think? Certainly feels like it. A political system that keeps the same people/politics in power.
Excellent book and lots of parallels. Down and out in Paris and London is worth a read. Never liked Animal Farm :eek:

Combine with something like Brave New World for perhaps a truer picture. Or do what I do and go on a complete news blackout and leave them to it. Living out here in the sticks, not much has changed and likely won't in the remainder of my lifetime. Just seen my first lambs of the season, blue tits poking around the corners of my window frames for insects, wood pigeons courting on the back garden wall, washing on the line drying in the breeze...these are the things which actually matter.

these threads never go well

3a6a26101164839.5f188bbbd6088.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back