Question: Anyone needs Marzocchi Seal Insertion Tool?

Dr-Zocchi

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi,

my current project is about reproduction of Marzocchi's 30mm Bomber seals (both: classic & M-Arch). Some productions test are in progress now. FYI: I did 2 reproductions in the last 3 years with excellent results for 24 and 26mm seals.

Having the seals in focus it is obvious to create the oil seal insertion tool and may be the sliders protection cap also.

What do you guys think about? Anyone here needs the tools? Only 30mm or also other diameters (32, 35, 38, 40mm)?? I'm thinking about ca. 15-25€, depends on numbers.

Thanks for an answer!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 420
Re:

Unior make a 30mm seal installation tool. I have one and it’s a perfect fit in Bombers.

I’d buy one of the slider protectors though, and I’ll probably need some seals. I’ve used the motorcycle oil seals and they worked fine, but haven’t found a generic replacement for the dust seals.

Re: Re:

iveto1983":gtzdq0ug said:
Unior make a 30mm seal installation tool. I have one and it’s a perfect fit in Bombers.

I’d buy one of the slider protectors though, and I’ll probably need some seals. I’ve used the motorcycle oil seals and they worked fine, but haven’t found a generic replacement for the dust seals.

> Unior make a 30mm seal installation tool
How much was it?

You can reservate 30mm Bomber seals on my website, it will help doing the reproduction ;-)

Take a piece of white plastic plumbing pipe and sand it till it fits. Thats all Ive ever used on a dozen seal fittings.

dyna-ti":2j1b2pi0 said:
Take a piece of white plastic plumbing pipe and sand it till it fits. Thats all Ive ever used on a dozen seal fittings.

Surely this is one of the alternatives, but I like to have a better tool for it.

Re:

I bought mine from this seller on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unior-Fork-S ... 1364033619

It was £13.99 with free postage but I imagine postage wouldn’t be free to outside the U.K.

I prefer to have proper tools when they’re a reasonable price, even if the performance difference is negligible.

I’ll check out your site for the seals.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi,
does this tool do both press-ins, the outer dust seal and the inner oil seal?

I spend all evening to do mailings with producers, I think the price can be done under <15€ :)

O.k., I will go for it. I played around with CAD, by being a little 'rosty' I needed some time to created the models to be able to make drawings.
I also found some nice guys who will produce the first samples.

I think I will offer bundles which includes Bomber seal kit AND tools. The bundled tools will be a 'cheap version' just to cover the costs - I think this makes sense, but we'll see :)

Attachments

• Oil-Insertion-Tool-30mm-800px.jpg
    Oil-Insertion-Tool-30mm-800px.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 288
Re:

They look great. The Unior one is recessed so I think it can be used to install the dust seals, but I just fit them by hand last time. I followed the manual and it only says to fit the oil seal with the tool.

p.s. apologies for the input error on your site.

Re: Re:

iveto1983":3tr9d8di said:
They look great. The Unior one is recessed so I think it can be used to install the dust seals, but I just fit them by hand last time. I followed the manual and it only says to fit the oil seal with the tool.

Thanks for posting!

Not a hero thing. I thought also about this. From the XC series dust seal insertion I know it can be pressed in by hand. But the Bomber seals are much more hard to press in and out, if you lose verticality during inserting you will hurt the seals with it's metal sceleton for sure. I know the advanced mechanicans under us can handle, but one servicing a fork one time every 5 years might be happy about such tools which helps in this case.

So most im important is the oil seal insertion tool, but I will test also the dust seal before we go.

iveto1983":3tr9d8di said:
p.s. apologies for the input error on your site.

You are joking, no problem at all. :D :D :xmas-wink:

Back