Quantock Meet Sunday 28 Jan 07

cchris2lou":5r57kxw5 said:
I will try to make the North downs . I have some lights and a GPS , so should be ok . :LOL:

I lived in that area for 2yrs (3? time flies..) & on the last ride a few weeks back I was shown stuff I never knew of... & yup, didnt take long before I was nigh on lost :LOL: we'll have locals with us again on the 14th :D

The stage is set!

11am Sunday the 28th of January 2007, Ramscombe forest trail car park (at the bottom of Johnny Palmers for those that know).

For those that don't then take the M5 to Bridgwater, then follow A39 Minehead until you see a sign for Nether Stowey.

Enter Nether Stowey and then follow signs for Taunton. After a mile or so you will see a crossroads, turn right here and follow signs for Ramscombe, this should evntually lead you onto a stoney fire road, follow this over a cattle grid and onward for about half a mile, you should see your fellow retro bikers on your left as you arrive.

I will be there from 1030 onward and can be contacted on 07743 054874 if the phone works there!

Good luck, I will try and get a grid ref soon so you can use sat nav to get there.

By the way may I stress that ability counts for squat, this is a retro ride for the fun of it, I for one am no Tomac! :LOL:

Stick Legs":2i01ze1t said:
By the way may I stress that ability counts for squat, this is a retro ride for the fun of it, I for one am no Tomac! :LOL:

Glad to hear it, the food and poor weather over Christmas have conspired to destroy both my fitness and my waist line.

As this is weekend after next I thought it may be wise to ask who is coming so we don't bugger off before we are all there.

I am on the Clockwork (maybe the Pace if Orange doesn't want to play) and will be at the bottom of Johnny Palmers in Ramscombe from about 1030 on. Look for a big silver Volvo 740 saloon, I'll be somewhere near!

Anyone running late call on 07743054874 and we'll hold on for you or meet you further along the route.

The general vibe is a relaxed retro ride though obviously modern's are welcome :D

See you there!

yeah, I'll tag along.

Probably ride the Prestige but as its still in pieces it may be its first ride....

Bring a tool kit :) !!!

Back