Proposal for Summer Epic - Strathpeffer and Contin Area

Strathpeffer's still a bit far south for me boys, but prepared to give it a go, especially if I could cycle off the ferry from Orkney and scrounge a lift with Jamie (sharing fuel costs of course)! Are you in the Castletown area Jamie?

Cheers
Steven

Hi mate
I'm just past castletown at Barrock, its between Dunnett and Gills.
Welcome to car share anytime mate. I know it will be far more cost effective for you to come across without a car.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":1twfhspm said:
Hi mate
I'm just past castletown at Barrock, its between Dunnett and Gills.
Welcome to car share anytime mate. I know it will be far more cost effective for you to come across without a car.

Jamie

That's very good of you Jamie, hope to take you up on it sometime. Know where you are, I've cycled around there and out to the lighthouse to kill time waiting for the ferry in the past.

Cheers
Steven

highlandsflyer":1pptd9wl said:
therealkw15":1pptd9wl said:
Strathpeffer's still a bit far south for me boys

Love that, as an ex Shetlander! :)

I'm sure you're still a Shetlander... I was up in Lerwick on Sunday and Monday, it was surprisingly quiet given the harbour is full of huge accommodation barges. The Lounge was empty!

Cheers
Steven

Och no, I am thirty six years off living on the island! Haven't been up for a while, hoping to get there this year. Huge lover of Orkney too, one of the least appreciated parts of this kingdom!

Agree, the Northern Isles are the best. Sinking a pint of Simmer din outside the Spiggie Hotel on Shetland close to the the longest day is one of my cherrished memories. That and the ticket office woman at Jaarlshof assuring me it was a calm still day as I leaned into the strong westerly breeze :LOL:

My uncle lives on and off on Shetland though I've not seen him in years. I think he hides there from his ex wives :LOL:

Im in if not too knackered/ broken after The Bravo Scozia Ride.Which is now FREE you'll be delighted to hear.

I don't have a problem with that. I'm not expecting full Highland regalia on The Bravo so don't let that put you off. Just leave the Lycra and fluorescents at home.

Back