Proper Barn Find

Retro Spud":hcwza3r9 said:
It think your all nutz - is there really anything worth saving here

But that’s the beauty of this place 99% of all projects don’t stack when measured with time/money or effort V’s value of end product

It’s ace !
Well I hope so, I think the frame is sound enough. I'd like to keep the stem if I can now it on the move.

I guess if the projects stacked up financially it would be a business not a hobby, but I do keep track of expense. on this one I have sold some old parts and got back nearly half what I paid for the bike, which was next to nothing anyway. With my two most expensive projects I 'think' I have ended up with bikes that cost me less than an equivalent modern one would, not accounting for my time.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=413894
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=337974&start=20

I guess its the satisfaction of riding something you have invested yourself in.

Got there in the end. Kept working away at it and once I could turn it 360 easily just needed to find a way to pull it out. After a few attempt the use of a crow bar under the vice got it moving. Nice to see the number match, don't thing there is any lasting damage done.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 1,015
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,014
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,015
Patience pays off in these projects. You simply can't rush them. Very rewarding when they come together though.

Mandobob":2s3tk01u said:
How are you going to finish the frame and forks? Stove enamel?
Not sure yet, my plans for this one has changed a bit. Heading to a more traditional re-build so may do.

Re:

Loving this.

Genuine question, how do you get an even finish on a frame so pitted or are you leaving that to whoever paints it?

Re: Re:

coomber":9306h2rc said:
Loving this.

Genuine question, how do you get an even finish on a frame so pitted or are you leaving that to whoever paints it?
Genuine answer, I don't know yet. First stage is get rid of the rust and see how bad it is. I am hoping plenty of primer will do it.

Back