Proof you can polish a Turd or at least roll it in Glitter!

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":2b9bw68v said:

All in all a happy union of no less than Three Bottom brackets, perhaps not the cheapest option but one that got the brain cells going and looks every bit the part, fully accept its yet to be tested but drawing upon "Real's" technology and the fact Grafton designed his bottom bracket cups to be tuned in for the right bearing tension gives high hopes

Hope you like my Frankenstein Bottom Bracket

107mm Syncros Axle

Bearing Spacers courtesy of Real

Bearing Cups and Lockrings care of Grafton :cool:

hope you like ! :LOL:

wow :cool:

that's got to be bottom bracket of the year.. give that man a ham :)

glazed-ham.jpg

Re: Proof you can polish a Turd (Schwinn FS)

Blackstar":336zdvz6 said:
any chance of recent pics ? :)

Yeah I must get and update this thread, the M950 hubs have been ditched in favour of some nice NOS blue PMP ones that I came across quite by accident, No idea if PMP are anything special but since they matched the other blue anno a treat I couldn't resist and was even more sold on em when I spun the cassette backwards and it sounded like a Vickers machine gun being fired

Also managed to get me some NOS IRC amber wall Tyres to shod the old girl with,

Biggest pain this time year is the days are too short and I'm not the best with a camera even in full day light, so forgive me for only having the below to post at the moment

Despite there been almost zero updates in 9 months I have been fiddling and what you can't see in the pics below but took me ages to achieve is both wheels laced with the rim labels being read from the drive side and looking though the valve hole they're in lined up with the logos, and the PMP logo on the front hub can be read whilst sitting on the bike,
Anal overkill ^^ but I fancied a challenge when spoking them up and after the bottom bracket I figured this Turd was worth it

Attachments

• WP_20151211_13_14_00_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151211_13_14_00_Pro.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,429
  • WP_20151211_13_13_43_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151211_13_13_43_Pro.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,429

Retro Spud":3uaulgvs said:
Anal overkill was worth it

I see a film with that title once. ....

Great details on this mate :-D

unit3":2tk6fjvj said:
Retro Spud":2tk6fjvj said:
Anal overkill was worth it

I saw a film with that title once. ....

:LOL: I asked for that one ^^

Blackstar":2tk6fjvj said:
like the hubs.. PIMP my bike :cool:

PMP my ride ^^ :LOL:

Still need to get my LBS to tension up the spokes but its slowly getting there ;)

Attachments

• WP_20151219_21_59_51_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151219_21_59_51_Pro.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 1,358
Re:

Cheers,

its now just about finished now, and to be honest it's come out beyond my expectation, admittedly they were pretty grounded to start with.
somehow over the weeks/months the build has morphed into something quite removed from my original starting point, but I'm happy and I think you'll agree (hopefully) its better for it.

will get and take a few pic's and post up soon I promise

Spud

Re:

Finally got round to taking a few pics .... can't be accused of rushing things

the work of art URT rear end

Syncros Cranks and polished ladder frame

The Frankenstein Grafton Speedcase Bottom Bracket actually works like any other despite being made up of components from three manufacturers,

Gerry at Hippytech Suspension came to the rescue and gave a new lease of life to the RS Super D

Had to add a bit of Anno here and there.....

slippery slope when you start,

Nice detail with the Homegrown logo in the rear drop outs

PMP hub married up with a nice m950 8 speed cassette, had some very nice (NOS) M950 hubs but a combination of the Anno bug and an idle trip over to the "for Sale Section" is a deadly combination.

Up front the PMP hub is married to a NOS Future Shox

The weave of the carbon fibre is something to marvel at in its own right

and topped off with an AC components brake bridge

Syncros Stem and Bar with my favourite grips, :D

another soiree to the "for sale section" and this bad boy turned up (must resist....)

Never been a lover of Syncros seat posts, and since this frame was built by Controltec I thought this a subtle nod to them, complete with Blue TI bolts that most folk will never see :shock:

No sure if a URT can ever be classed as sexy but this one floats my boat :LOL:

Back