Project SS , updated 10/12/09, Houston we have a problem

Very nice work - I'm just curious why you chose to use a "hooded" design when you don't need the hood section for stay attachment.
Myself, I think that I'd have just machined them out of 6 or 8mm stock - admittedly the hooded design is stronger, but does it need to be?

I'm not being nitpicky for the sake of it BTW - as a toolmaker I can appreciate a nice piece of work when I see it.....

Andy.

perry":jrqu4w49 said:
nuts ! is it still the 70s :LOL:
Well excuse me! I thought this was retrobike!

:shock:

This '70s vintage retrobiker still owns (and prefers) bolt-up hubs for singlespeed.

im guessing itl be either a qr or cap head bolts
Well, yeah, so am I. That or a socket wrench.

Steady boys - calm down!

or I could have something totally different up my sleeve?

Don't you have sockets in France? Spanners are very agricultural......

Scrat":1540e61l said:
Don't you have sockets in France?
I don't know what they have in France - I don't get out as much as I should. I've got a nice Drapers 15mm spanner.

Spanners are very agricultural...
Agricultural is one of those words (like technical and political) that doesn't seem to mean the same thing it did when I learnt to read.

Still, I'll be on tenterhooks for the next installment.

Been a busy boy this week,

Got the other track end done and brazed on, don't be afraid of the rattle can spray, its just to stop it rusting while I plow onto stage two.....

Attachments

• Stage two.jpg
    Stage two.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 2,458
  • Brazed on .jpg
    Brazed on .jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 2,458
Nicely done!

How did you align the drop outs and hold them in place while you were brazing them? I'm looking to do the same (though not going as far as making my own drop outs) and any hints or tips from someone who's done it before would be welcome.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back