Project Rockhopper Comp

Re: Specialized Rockhopper OEM +

Actually they come up more like 2.0s on the bike, bought some for my P7. They aren't bad at all on loose stuff, but I like semi-slicks anyway.

Re:

Little update...

rear cassette clean up ...

Yuck :?

And more Yuck ... was i supposed to grease this after cleaning and before refitting the cassette?

Given a bath in paraffin ...

Better !

Refitted ...

Re: Project Specialized Rockhopper Comp

Had some paint mixed up at local car paint supplies ...

colour match seems pretty good ...

Nice! It is lovely bike indeed!

You do not have to grease free hub before reinstalling cassette but you should remove plastic shield since it is ugly and redundant if RD is properly adjusted :)

New tires look nice and I would suggest keeping them until you get something age(look) appropriate - I will order a pair of those splash backs for myself!

Dare":2pxlqdyc said:
New tires look nice and I would suggest keeping them until you get something age(look) appropriate - myself!

Watch this space :D

Re:

New tyres have arrived ,,,,

Made in Japan :shock:

Bit of this ...

And lots of this ....

=

New chain has arrived.
PTFE brake cable sheathing has finally arrived from china. I can now start re cabling the gears and brakes.

I experimented polishing a section of frame with my DA fitted with a 4" spot pad but even on its lowest setting its a bit fierce for the rockhoppers paint .... its gonna have to be a 'hand job' :roll:

ive finished touching in with the paint i had mixed and toying with wet sanding the touched in areas but considering how fragile the paint is on these frames ... i might not.

Got rid of the knackered old chain slap protector thingy ...

So whats left to do ?

Re cable gears
Re cable brakes
Strip and properly detail brake leavers and cantilevers
Fit new tyres
Wet sand paint work (maybe)
Full clean, polish and seal paint work

Get dirty .... photo sesh :LOL:

Few before and after pics .

Have decided to 'save' the Panaracer smokes for the Kona

Trusty paint restorer ...

Back