Project Rockhopper Comp

Re:

Tidied up the 'transmission' and polished the forks to see how the paint 'comes up'

Dropped the chain into a paraffin bath ... saves faffing with chain degreaser ... works wonders ...

Chain wheels given same treatment... brushed on .... washed off

same with derailleur

stripped...

Bit of elbow grease, loving the colour ...

Its hard work by hand :LOL: toying with the idea of doing a test spot with the DA :)

Re: Specialized Rockhopper OEM plus

New tyres and grips are on order
I need to call with the bike at my local Auto paint supplies to get the colour matched with view to getting some paint mixed.
I have new brake and gear cables ready to go on but need to identify what cantilever bridge wires i need and get them ordered.
I have new pinch bolts for the stem which ill fit when i swap the bars and fit new grips.
really enjoying this project :)

Re: Specialized Rockhopper OEM +

Nice, love what can be achieved with a bit of elbow grease, great looking bike!

Re:

New tyres have arrived ... Not sure they are going to suit :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 263

Amberwall Charge Splashbacks £12.99 a pair at present via Amazon - see in the deals section. It would look gorgeous with them!

I stand corrected :oops: on the year - Specialized much have been the first to switch to ahead completely.

hamster":ens4ow8r said:
Amberwall Charge Splashbacks £12.99 a pair at present via Amazon - see in the deals section. It would look gorgeous with them!

I stand corrected :oops: on the year - Specialized much have been the first to switch to ahead completely.

Thanks for the heads up on the tyres ... Bit skinny and not keen on the tread pattern but that price :shock:

For the last 24 hours My finger has been hovering over the buy it now button on a pair of panaracer smoke skinwalls... Not sure I can justify the price considering what the bike is worth.. Deffo needs gumwall tyres though !!!

Back