Project bike Jamis Diablo

Here is my latest find...

While stripping the fork on my Jamis Diablo I found the following information stamped on the steer tube:

SPINNER
1990 CR-MO
J-1 22.2X27

I'm pretty sure that this means that at the least it's a tange tubing. Would this confirm that the frame I have is a 1990? The previous pictures of the gentleman's finished bike has a few details that differ from my frame.

I didn't notice if there was stampings on my frames or fork, in all fairness i was more focused on servicing the headset. I will look and see what my says.

Daz

I have done some tweaks to the Jamis. I was running a 7 speed block that went to do a 11 tooth rear. However even using the extra spacer to allow 11 tooth rear on a old style Hyperglide I still had a slight wobble on the rear cassette. Also the rear chainstays are wide enough for a 8/9 speed wheel I thought I'll try a old 8 speed rear (starting from 11) with my 7 speed thumbies. Lucky enough my thumbies had the 'extra' slot and it works in all 8 gears just fine. Any way I looked at the steerer on my Jamis and have the following marking on it.
172H366
92 CM/SB.
So It looks like mine is a 92 frame for sure.

Daz

I was just reading on Sheldon Brown Bicycle Technical Web Site an article about Evil Bikes and I have never thought about it but Diablo apparently is spanish for Devil.

Cool Name! :twisted:
Daz

Back