PROFLEX 853

Re:

if we are being serious I wouldn't buy either of then for any price.

but it takes all sorts.

Re: Re:

sinnerman":2tig3y70 said:

but it takes all sorts.

By 'all sorts ' I presume you mean the wider retrobike community?

I think you have some great exclusive bikes in your sig, also that your work is of avery high standard but i for one could never finacially achieve such a bike collection.

So unfortunately Proflex, saracens, mid range konas/ marins/ treks/ gt's etc in a ropey condition are my limits. Yes it does take 'all sorts ' what isnt your cup of tea may well be someone elses.

So I am sorry if a good example of a retro mtb at a very reasonable £150 is beneath you.

Re: Re:

artfulflounder":3t9lnn4v said:
sinnerman":3t9lnn4v said:

but it takes all sorts.

By 'all sorts ' I presume you mean the wider retrobike community?

I think you have some great exclusive bikes in your sig, also that your work is of avery high standard but i for one could never finacially achieve such a bike collection.

So unfortunately Proflex, saracens, mid range konas/ marins/ treks/ gt's etc in a ropey condition are my limits. Yes it does take 'all sorts ' what isnt your cup of tea may well be someone elses.

So I am sorry if a good example of a retro mtb at a very reasonable £150 is beneath you.

"What isn't your cup of tea might be someone elses"

That's why I thought I would take some time to upload as much ebay stuff as I thought might be of interest to the wider community........Hence my comment.

"So unfortunately Proflex, saracens, mid range konas/ marins/ treks/ gt's etc in a ropey condition are my limits. Yes it does take 'all sorts ' what isnt your cup of tea may well be someone elses."

Im confident my interest and collection is a little deeper than just the exotic (regardless of its nations origin too), hence, the Konas and Muddy fox contributions to the site. Not everyone is here to wave there wallet.

"So I am sorry if a good example of a retro mtb at a very reasonable £150 is beneath you"

Don't apologize, because its your bag doenst mean its every ones, that's why the site is so diverse and interesting, like I said "it takes all sorts".

Personally i wouldnt pay anything near that for a proflex unless the forks were included too and girvins at that :?
That said it is an 853 :? but its 50 -70 too high.
Have to also remember Granniegear and the other guy- Anythingbikes, sell all their stuff at pretty high prices and no doubt being businesses will have more outgoings than we do.

dyna-ti":1ocio7gh said:
Have to also remember Granniegear and the other guy- Anythingbikes, sell all their stuff at pretty high prices and no doubt being businesses will have more outgoings than we do.

Do they sell anything though? Cant see how it is a full time business for them.

They had a dented saracen kili frame the other day for £70 or £80 with a stuch seatpost. Ludicrous pricing.

dyna-ti":b1415394 said:
Personally i wouldnt pay anything near that for a proflex unless the forks were included too and girvins at that :?
That said it is an 853 :? but its 50 -70 too high.

It's an 856. And it's £150 too high with no rear MCUs.

Re:

I paid £50 quid for a 756 frame with knackered MCUs a couple of months back. Will be posting piccies soon.

Back