Problem with installing odi attacks

Mod-Master

Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
I’ve got some repro odi attacks but they’re really tight. After about 1inch in they are just impossible to move no matter how much wd40/mo94 I use it just won’t budge. I try using a plastic lever but it’s too tight to slip under.

Any suggestions?

Warm them up on a hot radiator, then spray wd40 inside them and on the bars. That should help. Or put flat zip ties underneath it between bars and inner surface of the grips and slip it on.

They should be tight, twist them while sliding them on, sounds like the wd isn't coating all the inside of grip, twisting helps.

Strangely I was fitting some last night and had trouble, I used hairspray, had to keep prying the edge or the grip up to get more hairspray down. I had the bike over on its side so the hairspray ran down inside the grip. After a lot of wiggling I did get it on, it was a struggle though.

Yep, spray the inside of the grip, all the way round at the top, then spray all the way down inside the grip twisting as spraying to coat the whole inside of the grip, then tip up to drain the bit of excess spray out, sometimes helps to let it drain onto the bars and rub that round so they are coated too, then slide on and keep twisting, don't hang about as it dries quite quick, if a part of the inside of the grip is not coated it will grip and cause friction, the twisting helps coat all the surface. With wd it is a good idea to leave it overnight to totally evaporate.

Back