Status
Not open for further replies.

BobCatMax

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
first of all a big congratulations to Raidan, well done..a shiny badge is on it's way..

This month's brief will probably touch a nerve with some of the more regular riders. A lovely ride out on saturday almost put to ruin by hailstones and high wind, luckily saved by a handy tea room..

so gents and ladies, I want suffering... in any or all of it's glorious forms.

all the usual rules apply, do not pass go, do not collect etc etc...

*Picture should be by you or of you.
*Picture should have a retrobike or at least a retro bike part in it (no not a 2012 Enduro with an ODI grip...).
*Picture should ideally be new to the site (and preferably shot for the competition)
*Pay attention to the 'theme' - that is the point after all.
*One pic/ entry per person.
*Nothing rude or dodgy please.
*Enjoy yourself - it's just a bit of fun.

the entries will be open for 2 weeks until the 24th at which point the voting will commence

Good luck everyone, get snapping!

8 hours of suffering and £1600 raised for Bone Cancer Research Trust....but it was great fun :D

Attachments

• 8 Hours of Suffering for BCRT..jpg
    8 Hours of Suffering for BCRT..jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 799
I took this on my last ride on 19th jan as I was having my first heart attack. I was leaning on the gate, Suffering........ :roll:

67d98f5bff7e7d0a4859305578633c1f_zps27e44c0c.jpg

Unless I can get out and take some new pics in the daylight... And can think of anything I'll enter this.

Me suffering at last years Retrobike National.

RB_NYM-019.jpg

When I think of "suffering" there is a very specific moment that instantly pops into my head. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

It was circa 2005 and it was the deepest into the pain cave that I ever had dug. It was for 20 something place but it was against Ned "The Lung" Overend. He was breathing down my neck on the final climb of a Pro NORBA National and the only thing I could think was Holy $(#% that's Ned Overend! Here is the result:

MartiniAspenFinish.jpg

Some great pictures here :cool: but some sad :-(

Anyhow, here is eddy having his share of pain :

He lost ... :LOL:

WD :D

Blood on the workbench. A mechanic and shop-owner friend of mine was working on prepping a bike for the NAHBS bike show. I’d brought the beer and was hanging out on the shop's couch. All the sudden YEOUCH!!!… and we have a big chunk of finger sliced open thanks to a disc brake. Still life of the workbench moments later. I accused my friend of being motivated by the beer label.

8477738292_c7633b68b8_b.jpg

mmmm after the happenings on my Sunday ride I may have a good chance at this so will submit a pic shortly.
My first attempt at POTM to follow :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back