Possible 'Old Skool' Time Trial Feb 26th

Old Ned":uk8kdqp8 said:
I think the Gaellic word you are looking for is 'craic'?

However, for what we're discussing, 'crack' is probably more apt :D

I'll need double rings for Brotherton.

No problem with 'aero' levers, they'll only make 1 sec. advantage over 10 miles.

Well I've always been a twiddler so even with that nice steady drop from the turn to the finish 50/13 will be a big enough gear for me. I just hope 50/18 is small enough for the outbound leg!

Mark.

I must say i'm very tempted, was planning on doing some medium gear TT's this year. Would need to seek clearance from the social secretary and join a club first :roll: N Warks to Pontefract is a fair way for 20 mins though :LOL:

grumpycommuter":2mmnz5fx said:
I must say i'm very tempted, was planning on doing some medium gear TT's this year. Would need to seek clearance from the social secretary and join a club first :roll: N Warks to Pontefract is a fair way for 20 mins though :LOL:

Retrobike.co.uk is an affiliated club so no need to join another. It's the banner that both myself and Daccordimark ride under - and probably many others?

20mins? Why not take your time and do it properly, no need to rush ;)

Old Ned":2c2z5niu said:
grumpycommuter":2c2z5niu said:

Retrobike.co.uk is an affiliated club so no need to join another. It's the banner that both myself and Daccordimark ride under - and probably many others?

Funnily enough i just found retrobike on the cycling time trials site so have sent John a pm. 20 mins would be the time it takes to get my cleats seated firmly and finish fiddling with toe straps etc :LOL:

Tell me about it, couldn't turn down the offer of my first real job! But i find myself not far from Calshot velodrome and may head along to my local club ride this sunday to find some friends...lol.

Real Old Skool
1oldskool.jpg

Nice ride! Out of interest what would typical gearing be for tt events when running fixed? or does it come down to personal pref, and whether you like pushing or spinning?

Old Ned":24b0wwsr said:
grumpycommuter":24b0wwsr said:

Old Ned...i'm afraid my TT debut isnt going to be in Feb :cry: A niggling calf is now very sore and having experienced this before in my days as a fell runner i know if i don't take it easy for 2 weeks i could end up not cycling for months. But the 'old school' TT bike is nearly finished :roll: Have a good race!

Back