Possible 'Old Skool' Time Trial Feb 26th

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
The organiser of the Yorkshire Cycling Federation 10 on Feb 26 is offering to include an 'Old Skool' category in the prizes provided he gets at least 5 entries. The course is a reasonable one from Brotherton near Pontefract and uses part of the 'old' A1 road. Not much traffic in my experience. There is a PDF list of the early 2012 events on the Cycling Time Trials website -

http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/

Look on the main body of the site under the 2 photos and there is a heading '2012 events/handbook' Click on that and another heading -

'2012 Events/Handbook

2012 events will be added to the website next week.

A PDF of events until the end of March can be found HERE '

Click on 'HERE' and a PDF file opens with dates, organisers etc.

Entries on the official CTT entry form downloadable from the site by Feb 12th latest.

EDIT - you will need to write something on the entry form to tell the organiser of your 'Old Skool' intention. A simple large 'OS' in a top corner should be OK.

Bikes to be round tubing, no tri-bars, no deep rims, no aerodynamic aids etc. A good traditional bike as ridden pre-1990'ish!

ANOTHER EDIT!
- pre 1980'ish is probably more like it! Unless of course you have a traditionally built modern steel (or aluminium/carbon such as Alan or Vitus) bike which will be fine. It's the spirit of the event that matters.

Let's have a good RB contingent to get the season started!

Hello Old Ned,

I would be interested in this one but couldn't find any more info on the CTT website. I selected "Events" and then "Events List" but it came up empty. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

bobbinogs":110u5cc9 said:
Hello Old Ned,

I would be interested in this one but couldn't find any more info on the CTT website. I selected "Events" and then "Events List" but it came up empty. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

Look on the main body of the site under the 2 photos and there is a heading '2012 events/handbook' Click on that and another heading -

'2012 Events/Handbook

2012 events will be added to the website next week.

A PDF of events until the end of March can be found HERE '

Click on 'HERE' and a PDF file opens with dates, organisers etc.

Count me in.
I'm on the form of my life and itching to get the first TT in as I've been training hard over the winter with loads of turbo work at threshold and massive amounts of endurance miles on the weekends. My power output has never been higher and as for VO2 max.....

Not really :oops:

But I'm still going to enter anyway, so see you there.

Cheers,
Mark.

daccordimark":1tdgxz7u said:
Count me in.
I'm on the form of my life and itching to get the first TT in as I've been training hard over the winter with loads of turbo work at threshold and massive amounts of endurance miles on the weekends. My power output has never been higher and as for VO2 max.....

Just like me!!!

In fact, I'm so fit that I'm overtrained and will have to have a complete rest for the next 2 months so probably won't be at my best on the day.

Look, I'm getting my excuses/reasons for a poor ride in early, OK? :roll: ;)

Just checked out that PDF and there's the Rossendale RC Hilly 11 mile TT the day before. That's what I call a proper early season race. Might do both just for the crack.

Mark.

daccordimark":2efxx8q4 said:
Just checked out that PDF and there's the Rossendale RC Hilly 11 mile TT the day before. That's what I call a proper early season race. Might do both just for the crack.

Mark.

What? You mean 'crack' your legs? :shock:

Just added a couple of EDITS to the OP to help when entering. Entrants will need to tell the organiser they are intending to ride OS.

Old Ned":19erynyv said:
daccordimark":19erynyv said:

Mark.

What? You mean 'crack' your legs? :shock:

Yep, my spelling mistake is probably closer to the truth than the Irish word I was trying for. I used to love those early season hilly events back when 42/19 got me up anything!

The MKM will be the weapon of choice for the Brotherton course but only if the organiser turns a blind eye to my aero brake levers.:LOL:

I might even enter the Rossendale "Old Skool" as well but that would have to be on a different bike with 2 chainrings.

Mark.

I think the Gaellic word you are looking for is 'craic'?

However, for what we're discussing, 'crack' is probably more apt :D

I'll need double rings for Brotherton.

No problem with 'aero' levers, they'll only make 1 sec. advantage over 10 miles.

Back