Poss FS:1992 Cannondale Delta V 2000 Full Susser

Profit's not a dirty word you know,
Jesus was a Prophet :LOL:

I posted that up on the e-bay & market watch pages, I quite fancied it to sit with my Sv-700 . :cry:
I would have bidded on it though.

Best pop it back on the 'Bay bud :cool:

Gc

I don't get it....

....I paid £225 and that's for all to see....this bike was posted on the bay watch list on here and other sites so plenty of people will see it...I'm not after making a quick buck at all, I'm offering it for sale on the basis that whoever wants it will negotiate...simple

get a life everyone...I guess if you wanted it you wouldn't be having a go you'd be making me an offer....

I'll hang it on the garage wall for a while before I decide what to do with it...and keep my ebay finger in my pocket!!!

would have been easier to say :

i paid £225 , plus post and it is what i want for it . ;)

it is a really nice bike , ride it and enjoy it .

neilll":1996l9ay said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cannondale-Delta-V-2000-Mountain-Bike_W0QQitemZ110433837043

£225.00

Think that was unnecessary Neil...

There are members on here that I have been to collect bikes for and deliver to.

Costing me money in both time, effort, petrol etc.

As soon as the bike has been delivered it is split and sold for double the money they have paid, and involving zero effort on their part.

Ie, buyer has made money on something I have done out of kindness and for nothing.

That IS out of order, and I won't be doing it anymore for any other members.

Yes, maybe I was a wanker letting people take advantage of my generous personality, but no one seems to pull them up on it... (apologies for bad pun).

Maybe because they are long-standing forum members / abusers.

In any case, pulling someone up for suggesting a price of "...ABOUT £300 INC POSTAGE TO UK." when they have paid £255, and it will cost them another £30 to post, seems slack. They have made an honest advert and aren't taking the piss in the way that other members on here do on a daily basis. Maybe it's because the seller has only made 70 odd posts, and hasn't been ripping people off for years that has put your nose out of joint??

Anyway, bollocks, good luck with the sale kid.

Cheers,
BB.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm reluctant to keep looking back at this and keeping it going, but sadly I can't help myself....

.....I have bought and sold lots (too many!) of bikes in the past five years or so....sometimes I've bought them complete, then stripped them, sometimes I've bought bits and built them....I have well over 400 +ve feedbacks on ebay and have hundreds, if not thousands of posts on CTC, STW, bikeradar...you name it....

BUT...I am not a dealer and I don't make any kind of living out of this (I only wish I could, but you can't pay for a house, a wife, two kids and two cars out of £200 secondhand bikes.....).....

I do it because, like many people into this stuff, I love bikes and generally I buy them to ride...I might get bored quick and move on to the next thing (not true of my Cannondale Jekyll now unusually owned for nearly 5 years) but fundamentaly I am fuelling a (sad and addictive) hobby......that costs me a bloody fortune!!!

....hopefully most ppeople on here share that (sad and addictive) hobby too!

:D

im behind you,fella. i think if anything,people are probably a bit gutted they didnt bag it themselves.
i hope you get what you need for it,its worth every penny,the old 'dales were fantastic bikes.

peas out.

BoyBurning":21vstry2 said:
There are members on here that I have been to collect bikes for and deliver to.

Costing me money in both time, effort, petrol etc.

As soon as the bike has been delivered it is split and sold for double the money they have paid, and involving zero effort on their part.

Ie, buyer has made money on something I have done out of kindness and for nothing.

That IS out of order, and I won't be doing it anymore for any other members.

I agree, that is worse - but the only person who could call them out for it is you?

The 'problem' as I see it is all that all too often, you see a bike or part sold for £X then within a matter of weeks it's back on sale here or on eBay for more than the buyer paid. Sometimes this is just blatant profiteering i.e. the buyer knew they were getting it cheap and could turn a quick profit, or people add up every penny the part cost them (postage, fees etc.) and add these on. I admit the second scenario is a grey area as there have been genuine costs but all it serves to do is drive up prices.

There are countless examples of this throughout this site. When I first got in to buying old bike parts there was the odd person who was at it, but now it appears to be 'de rigueur'. In 2 - 3 years I've observed the prices of the majority of parts increase between 50 - 100%, and it's not because they are getting rarer!

Obviously any part is only worth what someone is prepared to pay, and if you need a part badly enough you'll pay what is being asked (I have). Herein lies the problem; I've watched the same parts go through the for sale ads several times, each time getting a little more expensive until ultimately it can be as much as double what it first cost.

I'm not some raging anti-capitalist and I fully understand how and why this happens. Hell, I've even bought a whole bike for peanuts then ended up selling parts of it (so I'm a hypocrite too). Saying that, I've never bought anything just to make a profit on! (Ok, I tried once but it took me so much effort getting it in a condition fit to sell for a profit that I decided I shouldn't have bothered).

But honestly, buying a single item then doing nothing to it beyond writing an advert (which here is free, not even a listing fee) doesn't warrant a price increase surely?

The way I see it is by doing so you are insulting not only the person you bought from but also all the potential buyers!

But hey, if everyone's doing it...

(Oh, and regarding the OP - if you'd been up front and said here's a bike I just bought for £225 would anyone like it? You'd have got a much warmer reception, your 'intentions' weren't clear so frankly it looked like you were trying to turn a quick buck. Rightly or wrongly, I don't think it's unfair to 'out' people in this circumstance - finding out you've lined someones pockets after you've paid can leave a pretty bitter taste, believe me!)

Back