Please can I pick your brains?

Hi,

I recently, and rather hastily, bought a bicycle from a second hand shop at a railway museum. I had been after a folding/small bike but also noticed it appeared to have British Rail font on the frame that says ‘Rail bike’ and ‘ROAD/RAILER’. It’s not in bad condition and I’m looking forward to cleaning it up and fiddling around with it.

Does anyone anything about these bikes? It looks like a both a Raleigh/Triumph frame that I have found online but cannot find any mention or pictures of it with the same look. A lot of what comes up online relates to taking bicycles on the train or bicycles that work on rails. Not having an exact brand or manufacturer to work on means approaching anyone else is a bit of a dead end.

Thank you in advance,

Attachments

• IMG_1658.jpeg
    IMG_1658.jpeg
    935.7 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 29
Raleigh made these frames to be branded by several other companies (such as Triumph) as well as selling them as the Raleigh Twenty.

I haven't seen a British Rail branded one before, but it doesn't surprise me and it's very cool. These make great project bikes (I have a folding one) but I would definitely keep that one as original as I could.

I'm looking forward to seeing some more photos once you've cleaned it up. Given the tyres it's sporting you could start a thread in either the MTB or Road sections!

Back