Plantar Facilitis

Had it for 18 months solid.
Tried everything all the gadgets insoles physio dry needling ultrasonic machines special sexy socks at night in the end one stretch cured it.

I had to do it 5 times a day for a month but it worked. I'm back running marathons now.

Stand in a door frame, wearing runners wedge your foot with toes facing up. Grab either side of the frame you are facing and pull your chest up towards it. This is the key part your back foot must get up on its toes.

Try this 12 second holds each side 5 times a day.
Morning, lunch, afternoon, evening, night.

Hope this helps it's a curse!

Tried everything all the gadgets insoles physio dry needling ultrasonic machines special sexy socks at night in the end one stretch cured it.

I had to do it 5 times a day for a month but it worked. I'm back running marathons now.

Stand in a door frame, wearing runners wedge your foot with toes facing up. Grab either side of the frame you are facing and pull your chest up towards it. This is the key part your back foot must get up on its toes.

Ouch - thanks for the top tip

This sounds good! Having a bit of trouble picturing it though -- is there a link or something you can share that shows a few pics?

In addition to calf stretches, I've found using a hard roller to 'release' the tension in calves and quads has been helpful in the past.

I had it for a couple of years when I wasn’t riding and just stood a lot at work. It was pretty bad; any uneven surface was un-walkable and even the smallest loose bump under my heel was excruciating.
When I got back to using the bike I was shocked at how tight the backs of my legs had got. I could only get to mid shin when trying to touch my toes, now I can reach behind the back of my heels. A combination of cycling and stretching calfs, quads and glutes cured the chronic pain but I do need to keep the stretching going on a regular basis.

Back