planet x spitfire road bike

Hopefully karma will sort those toe rags out one of these days. Every day you’re a day closer to them no longer being neighbours.
I hope it happens soon, for my sake. I want a ride report lol

Pardon my ignorance, but what does your shitty neighbour situation have to do with you getting out cycling?🤔
You started this post in early March. It's now May.

When I was in my 20s I always used to simply for for a ride "when I felt like it". Mostly on sunny blue sky days.😀

The trouble is, as I aged, I never felt like it (mainly it was due to a prolonged foot injury, other excuses/reasons).
My psychologist recently called into question this sort of behavioural thinking pattern.

Like, why does my getting out riding/exercising have to be directly coupled to my motivation level or mood or whatever?
In other words, why wait until you feel like it?

And so lately, the past 6 months or so, I just go. Whether I really feel like it or not.
Even if it's only a short ride (in my case 20km).
I start gathering my stuff, put on my cycle clothing, shoes, etc.
It usually takes about 10 minutes. I don't know exactly I haven't timed it.
By the time I have everything together, checked everything (water bottle, gloves, sunnies, helmet, computer, lights, garmin varia radar) it feels like too much effort to bail. I don't think I've ever got to the final point of readiness and then undressed and not gone out. I mean, why would you right?
Half the time my heart rate gets a bit elevated, anticipation and adrenaline and all that, so I am more motivated and just carry it through, get out and go.
And even if I still don't really feel like it, I go anyway.
I can be riding down the street feeling like crap. But at some point in my ride I'm always glad I went.
I never regret going. Ever.
It becomes a routine.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does your shitty neighbour situation have to do with you getting out cycling?🤔

When I was in my 20s I always used to simply for for a ride "when I felt like it". Mostly on sunny blue sky days.😀

The trouble is, as I aged, I never felt like it (mainly it was due to a prolonged foot injury, other excuses/reasons).
My psychologist recently called into question this sort of behavioural thinking pattern.

Like, why does my getting out riding/exercising have to be directly coupled to my motivation level or mood or whatever?

And so lately, the past 6 months or so, I just go. Whether I really feel like it or not.
By the time I have everything together, checked everything (water bottle, gloves, sunnies, helmet, computer, lights, garmin varia radar) it feels like too much effort to bail. I don't think I've ever got to the final point of readiness and then undressed and not gone out. I mean, why would you right?
Half the time my heart rate gets a bit elevated, anticipation and adrenaline and all that, so I am more motivated and just carry it through, get out and go.
I can be riding down the street feeling like crap. But at some point in my ride I'm always glad I went.
It becomes a routine.
Good advice. I like the routine. I'm fortunate enough to have never needed a system as such. I just go.

It becomes a routine.
unfortunately due to the nightmare neighbours my mental state is very low currently (they all have spent time in prison and have criminal records).

they should have gone march 28th but they keep on staying and not giving the keys back to their landlords (the landlords are trying to get an accelerated eviction but we have no idea when it will be granted).

due to this and worries about being assaulted/my house robbed by them i just don't have any motivation for doing anything atm. also the law is a joke and it has been protecting them over myself it feels like :-(

the fact that they can continue to come and go as they please and still make my life a misery just angers me no end (am trying not to swear tbh).

as an example they will spend hours trying to keep us awake when i am trying to sleep by banging stuff next to my wall and loud talking (this has happened for months now).

i won't type any more as it will end up an essay lol and i'm just fed up of them tbh.

unfortunately due to the nightmare neighbours my mental state is very low currently (they all have spent time in prison and have criminal records).

they should have gone march 28th but they keep on staying and not giving the keys back to their landlords (the landlords are trying to get an accelerated eviction but we have no idea when it will be granted).

due to this and worries about being assaulted/my house robbed by them i just don't have any motivation for doing anything atm. also the law is a joke and it has been protecting them over myself it feels like :-(

the fact that they can continue to come and go as they please and still make my life a misery just angers me no end (am trying not to swear tbh).

as an example they will spend hours trying to keep us awake when i am trying to sleep by banging stuff next to my wall and loud talking (this has happened for months now).

i won't type any more as it will end up an essay lol and i'm just fed up of them tbh.

I understand how they try to psychologically destroy you, and how difficult help is to get help. It happened to me as a university student. I was skinny and young looking for a 19-years-old and some girl on the same course as me was trying to get me move out, even though i had moved in first into the student house; this was two weeks before the course had started in August 1997. This bitch hooked up with another guy in the flat, even though i was not trying to date her or anything (she also had a long term boyfriend in home town, who didn't know she was cheating). She played loud music, never cleaned up, and I even found my food from my cupboard dumped into a black bin liner and left outside with a note reading "just **** off". She turned 3 other guys in the flat against me. I did nothing to provoke those animals, other than the way i looked. I ended up leaving in December. I reported her to the land lord but he just said "don't come whining to me, your adults now you need to sort it out among yourselves". The university and my counselor couldn't do anything about it as it was private landlord, and not on-campus University accommodation.

And again in 2003/4 i had an issue with a Chav in my block of flats.

I lived in rented flat and the guy living above me deliberately played loud musci (hip hop/eminem) and would bang on the floor. There was a cavity wall between my small living room and bedroom, which acted like a Boom Box/subwoofer. He didn't have a carpet so the banging was like a hammer. This was after i kindly told him to turn the music down. He deliberately played it louder and started banging his feet on the floor.

Some guy came to fix my radiator and told me to beat the shit out of him if had to endure that racket, but these Chavs would pull a knife on you. I know what they're like. You do want to beat the living crap out of them though.

He just saw me as somebody to "piss off", somebody to toy with. They have such shitty lives and have nothing better to do other than to piss off quieter tenants. They also know your middle class where as they are generally low class.

I spent a year of suffering, having to fill in sheets i was giving by the housing association. Eventually he got an eviction order, but a week later he was found dead in his flat. he had overdosed. He was drug addict and i'm told he was also evicted from his previous flat before he moved in above me. I got an apology from the housing association, but they shouldn't re-house people like that.

I even went to police twice and they basically told me to go away. One officer called me "soft". Disgraceful.

Latest posts

Back