Pink Floyd guitar.

tintin40":2apgwgds said:
avalonian":2apgwgds said:
tintin40":2apgwgds said:
love it. Love early Floyd
The Wall is not early Pink Floyd,Maybe Saucerful of Secrets is.

Late Floyd for me is after 'The Final Cut' Before 'Meddle' is just OTT

I was just listening to The Final Cut today. I started thinking this isn’t really a Floyd album at all and Waters should have made it as a solo effort.
Such a shame the way it ended with Rick being effectively sacked, like he was some sort of employee rather than a founding member and so integral to the sound.
Mind you, they were always very pragmatic and businesslike about their “band”. Right from the moment they decided to not stop the van at Sid’s.

I never got to see them live until they came back with momentary lapse. Even then I thought it quite odd that the album only had Nick and Dave in the picture because they fronted up the cash (so I’d heard)

Was in abbey road studio one Sunday morning while they were recording the division bell. Long story.

Given it would take Mason a week to set up his drums, I'm not surprised.

Funnily enough, in a short drive today both Dogs of War and Learning to Fly came up on random shuffle and I thought how different the "new floyd" sound is to anything up to Final Cut. It had never really struck me before how different their sound became without Waters. I mean, the elements are all the same but the sum total was different.

The drum room at abbey road was lined with angled mirrors. Also popped round nick’s house in east heath road to look at his Manx Norton in the hall.

Back