A Hustler, 2 Handjobs and the elusive G Spot (Cove content)

MSYT

Retro Guru
Cove make some good bikes don’t they.

Scrolling through eBay one day I notice this striking fluro pink bike. I clicked on it and fell in love 😂 A highlighter pink Handjob. I needed it. I had to have it. I won it.

After getting it home and checking it over - it needed a bit of work but it was going to be my little project for a 12 speed 26er. I’m still not completely finished with it. I reckon I’ll rebuild the wheels with some blue Hope Pro 2 that I have and maybe upgrade the fork too.

It’s possibly my favourite bike 😅

IMG_2590.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2701.jpeg
    IMG_2701.jpeg
    792.9 KB · Views: 5
After that - I noticed a Hustler frame for sale so bought that. Ok so I haven’t actually got round to building it up yet but I had all the bits.

Fox fork
SRAM X9 drivetrain
Hope M4 brakes
Hope Pro 2 Evo hubs in Pink
Nukeproof Dolos rims
Charge Spoon
Spank bars and stem
RaceFace grips

Hopefully I can get it built this year!

IMG_6623.jpeg

THEN. I noticed another Handjob frame for sale - an orange one. I wanted to do a rigid build with and also randomly picked up a new Kona P2 fork so.. they went together.

With the P2 for 27.5/29 I decided to go mullet so grabbed a RaceFace/DT Swiss front wheel from the wiggle outlet and got to buying the rest of the parts.

XT 2x10 drivetrain for this one with a modern stem and bars and just to try them, a set of Clarks brakes. They’re not too bad but the front brake chatters a bit!

The rear wheel is a random Hope XC I had lying around but I’ve got an XT wheelset to go on after I service it.

IMG_6617.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6618.jpeg
    IMG_6618.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6619.jpeg
    IMG_6619.jpeg
    854.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6620.jpeg
    IMG_6620.jpeg
    579 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6621.jpeg
    IMG_6621.jpeg
    646.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6622.jpeg
    IMG_6622.jpeg
    823.2 KB · Views: 3
And not to be finished there - I then saw a G Spot FR on eBay. It was missing the wheels, chain and cassette but everything was there and it had some really nice bits. I spoke to the seller, came to a deal and went and grabbed it. What a beast!

Marzocchi Bomber 66RC.
Hope Mono M4
SRAM X7
RaceFace Diabolus
SDG Leopard print

The other wheel I found a wheelset locally, but I still want to rebuild it with some new wide Nukeproof Diabolus rims. It’ll have Hope Pro 2 hubs.

It was missing the axle and the Diabolus stem but I found the stem on eBay and picked up the axle from @Dr-Zocchi

Here it is quickly tonight with the wheels on.

IMG_6626.jpeg

I’ll get this properly finished in the summer once I have some space!

Attachments

• IMG_6627.jpeg
    IMG_6627.jpeg
    613 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6630.jpeg
    IMG_6630.jpeg
    489.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6631.jpeg
    IMG_6631.jpeg
    743 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6632.jpeg
    IMG_6632.jpeg
    599 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6633.jpeg
    IMG_6633.jpeg
    381.2 KB · Views: 4
The size of the big ring on the handjob cassette is hilarious! You'll be riding up walls with that thing!

Really under-rated frames

Back