Picked up this beautiful Peugeot 753 Pro yesterday 52cm

king_kenny

Retro Newbie
753.jpg

Hello all
I've been looking for one of these Peugeot 753's for ages and i've never seen another 52cm come up for sale - She's totally original, even down to the Michein Hi Lite Super Comp HD tyres which are a bit perished and not really safe to ride. The pedals are as per the 1989 catalogue of the time as are all the components. Wolber rims, Cinelli bars and stem, and a full ultegra tri-colour groupset. Look pedals are also kind of cool in a matching color, again as per the catalogue. I am a bit puzzled by the seat stem so if anyone can shed some light on that I would appreciate it.

My plan is to replace the tyres and bar tape with a blue white fade, do something about the pedals as there are good modern pedals out there and i'm not sure what cleats would fit the old 33 year old look ones. I have a set of ultegra ones i could use, but the toe clips are past it, so i will have to fine a set of those with 3 holes in a triangle pattern (if anyone has some i could be interested).

I'm not sure what the story with these framesets was at Peugeot at the time, as they could be bought as a frame only but the fact that all the components are very similar to that was in the catalogue at the time makes me wonder whether you could also ask Peugeot to build a bike to your spec?

Anyway thought i would share, any comments or views welcome.

Thanks

kk

Attachments

• stem.jpg
    stem.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 38
View attachment 654814

Hello all
I've been looking for one of these Peugeot 753's for ages and i've never seen another 52cm come up for sale - She's totally original, even down to the Michein Hi Lite Super Comp HD tyres which are a bit perished and not really safe to ride. The pedals are as per the 1989 catalogue of the time as are all the components. Wolber rims, Cinelli bars and stem, and a full ultegra tri-colour groupset. Look pedals are also kind of cool in a matching color, again as per the catalogue. I am a bit puzzled by the seat stem so if anyone can shed some light on that I would appreciate it.

My plan is to replace the tyres and bar tape with a blue white fade, do something about the pedals as there are good modern pedals out there and i'm not sure what cleats would fit the old 33 year old look ones. I have a set of ultegra ones i could use, but the toe clips are past it, so i will have to fine a set of those with 3 holes in a triangle pattern (if anyone has some i could be interested).

I'm not sure what the story with these framesets was at Peugeot at the time, as they could be bought as a frame only but the fact that all the components are very similar to that was in the catalogue at the time makes me wonder whether you could also ask Peugeot to build a bike to your spec?

Anyway thought i would share, any comments or views welcome.

Thanks

kk
I have a set of cranks with that logo stamped with "made in France" so pretty sure it's solida!? Don't quote me on that....I'm sure someone else will confirm!

Lovely bike! We had the Peugeot catalogue in 89 and remember drooling over their higher-end road range. Their mountain bikes weren't that great at the time.

Thanks for the comments - I have not seen a UK catalogue since 1989 - I was also drooling. I've seen a French catalogue that's online, and been mentioned before in other threads.

Back