Peugeot Z-Team 653

mine is Y9051704, I never did work out how Peugeot numbers went but I guess it means it was made in 1989 or early 1990.
there is also a big Z under the cable guides which I guess just means Team Z colours.

Maca":y3js3saw said:
I am surprised to see it as a 653. The Athena in this colour was a 653 but the frame you could buy on its own with the twin chrome rear stays and chrome painted over front forks was usually a 753 (as well as having the racing team decal on the top tube).

I wonder if you have been lucky and actually have a 753 frame that has had 653 decals put on ?

I've restored one of these with a bare metal respray, I got the paint from E1 Carcolours in London.

The purple was "BMW 119, Blau Met 2C ref 20142678" the Pink was matched and had a "Code 20138393, Cycle Pink, 20142677" this was mixed up to be sprayed on but they might be able to make you some up as a touch up.

If you do want to get in re-done then my painter could do it and delcals can do all the decals apart from the down tube Peugeot word which I got from H Lloyds as they were the only people who did it right with the little r in the circle at the end.

This is mine..

I love those pedals! :cool:

Re:

:) Lovely saddle-bar drop.

DOn't forget that the lighter the seatpost and more exposed is, the more deflexion you have, therefore, it's more comfortoable in terms of vibration dampening that way :)

Nice colour scheme, would go with some very happy colours with the bartape-chainring bolts-outer cables :xmas-wink:

the tape could be violet, as the "upper part" of the frame is violet, whereas the hind quarters&downtube is pink. So, a deep purple tape, and a mixture of violet and pink outer cables to contrast the corresponding part of the frame would be welcome. :)

(keep up the good work!

Bottom bracket was removed by my LBS yesterday - fun times ahead!

Gave the frame a quick clean down with warm water and an old rag and some more of the paint came away from the forks which led me to think- what would it look like realistically if all of the paint was removed?

Pic attached, realistically, is it bare steel underneath? It looks too shiny, i'm sure it would polish up nice!

Re:

Peugeot had a habit of chromeing followed by paint

Looks to shiny not to be and I dont think it would flake like that otherwise.

Started to remove the paint from the forks yesterday after the above comment from Maca. The forks will look a lot more presentable without the chipped/rusted paint :)

I also gave rust areas a tidy-up with some brasso. Next steps are to remove the rest of the paint from the forks and chose some pink nail varnish to tidy up the areas of rust.

Looks good, if you speak to del at Delcal Graphics he has the vertical Peugeot word stickers that go on the front forks if you want to put them back ? it should also have one of those stickers down the back of the seat tube just below the lug.

del@delcalsigns.co.uk

Great, thanks Maca. Yes it has one on the seat tube too!

On test-fitting my new BB, it appears that the thread on the drive side is in need of chasing as after a couple of turns it works itself loose

Regarding the 653/753 identity, this one on eBay has the brake cable guides on top of the top tube as well:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reynolds-653- ... 3ab11b379e

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Yeah I saw that one, not sure what it is as it doesn't have the same decals as urs or mine and I. Are ur main decals lime the racing team one under the clear coat or on top ?

Maybe they did do a 653 version as well ??

Doing a google search I've seen a few of these with the same decals as ours in 653 form so they must have done it in 653 also.

The only real difference I have been able to see on the 653 ones compared to my 753 one is the Z that is stamped on my BB maybe that's all there was in way of a tellable difference ?

Back