Peugeot PX10

I use Jagwire outer most of the time (as its available in lots of different colours) & thats what i've used on this one as its Yellow. But it involves a lot of buggering about getting ferrels to fit & normally winds up with me having to drill out the brake levers & cable stops to 5.5mm to get the ferrels to fit.
BUT had I used Black or White outer casing then I would have used clarks as It's a much smaller diameter cable so the ferrels are smaller outside diameter & often saves having to drill things out.
I always use Top End SS inner brake & gear wire, Dura-Ace or Campagnolo. NB Campagnolo Gear inner & brake inners have a smaller diameter nippel than Dura-Ace & that often saves drilling out the down tube shifters.
This is just the way I choose to do it! as I'm not that Anal about things been 100% time period correct. I want things that are readily available & that WORK correctly.
I would expect everyone on here has there own different ideas but these are just mine & how I choose to do it! & will not be to ever ones taste.

Re: Re:

SIMONFREESE":15fvtcem said:
Thank you! Perfect answer for me. How is your blue PX10 coming along?

Its all finished apart for a pair of handlebar plugs which I'm waiting to arrive & I will then take a few quick photos & post them on the thread.
its a right mis mash of parts from different periods in time, so nowhere near 1960's correct as the gears Simplex LJ's are from the late 70's I think. but its what I had in stock & wanted to use so Fook It. LOL ;)

A 50 odd year old bike is going to have a bit of history! In my day job I restore vintage watches and there is a continual and incessant drove for 'originality', with collectors pretty much putting together watches from the parts that are considered period correct. This is done to maintain value in what is often an investment item that will sit in a safe. I take the view that the story of change is often more interesting than trying to construct a replica of what the item was like when new, and that later parts often tell that story. I like the story that goes with my px10, and if it wasn't for my own desire to restore it would be happy to leave it as is!

I too am looking forward to seeing this built up. Its already looking beautiful as a frame and fork.

Jamie

The latest up date on my Blue Peugeot PX10. I'm just waiting for a pair of handlebar plugs to arrive. BUT I've just been let down on an Ideale 90 saddle . So I'm on the look out for the Ideale 90 saddle if anyone has anything?? Sorry about the rubbish Photos I will get around to doing it correctly when I get hold of a back drop.

Attachments

• IMG_1329.jpg
    IMG_1329.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_1334.jpg
    IMG_1334.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_1335.jpg
    IMG_1335.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_1338.jpg
    IMG_1338.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_1339.jpg
    IMG_1339.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 481
  • Screen Shot 2015-02-19 at 14.48.18.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-19 at 14.48.18.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 481
Re:

That does look great. Stringfellow, do you know the difference between the red label and gold label Normandy competition hubs?
Tony

Back