Peugeot optimum 531 54cm compagnolo

RobMac":3gdig8ui said:
It just says Reynolds 531 Butted Frame Tubes :)
Does the Lilac have a name or a number and how close is it to the original colour?

It was the original lilac until a couple of months ago or so. It was re-sprayed black and no longer has any decals other than a "Reynolds 531 designer tubing "decal. It isn't the right one for the bike, but I wanted something to say 531!
I might try and get some peugeut decals . Not sure if I care if they are correct for the year. maybe I should...

RobMac":y7jni82p said:
It just says Reynolds 531 Butted Frame Tubes :)
Does the Lilac have a name or a number and how close is it to the original colour?

Hold on! not even "double butted"? Oh. I might see if there is some Reynolds reference web site to find out more about the types 0f 531.

Incidentally, I saw someone on here with a Carlton with high spec tubing. I had one in c 1978... I will be chuffed if it was a high spec bike: ) Bent the tubes in a rear ender sadly : (

Hi,

I am going to order some Reynolds 531 stickers as per the original ones it came with. Rather foolishly, I can't remember for sure if the front forks had 531 stickers. I am sure they did, but then I could be getting mixed up with my Paul Donohue 531C frame.
Please could you confirm if the forks are 531? I'd like my bike to be honest :D

I have since found a pic on this site where you can see 531 on the forks. Maybe soem were, some weren't

What does 'bump' refer to?

SmugPug":3pfaxup3 said:
Hi,

I am going to order some Reynolds 531 stickers as per the original ones it came with. Rather foolishly, I can't remember for sure if the front forks had 531 stickers. I am sure they did, but then I could be getting mixed up with my Paul Donohue 531C frame.
Please could you confirm if the forks are 531? I'd like my bike to be honest :D

The frame has one Reynolds 531 sticker just above the down tube shifters but nothing on the forks except the little Peugeot lion figure.

BTW "Bump" means back up to the top, when your post has been slipping
bown to the bottom of the postings.

Back