55cm Keith Coppell 531 Pro - big price drop to £275 SOLD

velocipede

Senior Retro Guru
I've just stripped this down to give it a thorough clean, as per my entry in the Road bikes section:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=332139

Untitled by velocipede65, on Flickr

I need to rebuild it, but will be in the following spec:

• 55cm centre to op seat tube and 54cm centre to centre top tube, in 531 Pro, nice metallic green enamel with a lot of scratches and chips but no rust or damage.
    Shimano 600 headset - good condition but needs a re-grease and sadly don't have the Shimano tool so new owner will need to do it!
    Cinelli 65-42 bars in great condition
    Nitto Pearl 11cm stem - brand new (and beautiful!)
    Shimano 600 AX seatpost - very rare!
    Turbo "Bernard Hinault" saddle in white
    Shimano 105 down tube shifters, brakes, levers, rear mech - brakes look great, lever hoods ok but not perfect, rear mech a bit scuffed and scratched but functionally good
    Shimano 600 Deerhead chain set and BB in very nice condition (BB looks new inside!)
    Shimano 600 AX front mech - again very rare but unlike some of the other 600 AX parts I've seen, this looks a bit low rent - but performs well
    Mavic 501 sealed hubs on Mavic MA40 rims with 6 speed screw on freewheel (wheels are very nice - run smooth and true - rim wear is minimal just the usual brake rub on the grey finish but no concavity) - spokes are all nice and shiny

Overall, I'd like to get £300 out of the parts above. I'm happy to sell it as a kit of parts, or to build it up as above with brand new cables all around - if I do the rebuild, I'd like another £25 to cover the cost of the cables, tyres and bar tape, so £325 all in.

I've also got some Shimano 600 pedals - really nice with original "integrated" toe clips (which are covered in fine rust spots but sound) and complete with leather straps with buttons! I'd need another £20 for these with the above

Re: 55cm Keith Coppell 531 Pro

Drastic price drop - need gone - so £275 fully built, new cables, new bar tape - but no tyres!!

Bargain - anyone??

Re:

I'm assuming as the hubs are 501's, the rear dropouts are 130mm.

If so, how much for the whole lot in kit form?

Re:

If you decide to split, would be interested in the bare frame n fork. I don't even need the headset.
If this appeals, PM me with price Inc UK postage

I see a potential project involving this frame and a 6400 7 speed tricolour group set on the horizon.

Re: 55cm Keith Coppell 531 Pro - big price drop to £275 complete

Thanks for the interest - sounds like a good plan! - I have a buyer at the moment pending payment. If there are any problems, I'll let you know.

Back