Peugeot 753 in Team Z Colours (last change, 100% finished)

Re: Peugeot 753 in Team Z Colours (small update 9th Nov)

Well never say never I suppose ............ decided to make a few small changes to the bike.

Looking at Robert Millars bike he had white brake hoods, pink bar tape and a black saddle. While I don't intend and I'm not changing the groupset on the bike as I do like the shimano 600, same with all the other parts. I have ordered some white hoods for the levers, laid my hands on a nos black turbo special saddle and have fitted pink benotto tape.

Pics will follow when all done but the idea was to make it look a bit more team like.

Re:

As promised here are the pics of the changes I've made. While it will never be an exact rep of the one Millar used as I'm keeping with the Shimano stuff and the odd bits of Italian (campag and cinelli) its a far closer Homage now I think.

1st time using the benotto tape and I think I've done ok with it. I've still used the ambrosia finishing tape at the moment until I find something else I like.

Changes:
Brake hoods, Black to White
Saddle, White to Black
Bar tape, White to Benotto Pink
Computer to a better pink one.

And the original

Re: Peugeot 753 in Team Z Colours (small update 9th Nov)

Maca":tmygsh4s said:
Well never say never I suppose ............ decided to make a few small changes to the bike.

Looking at Robert Millars bike he had white brake hoods, pink bar tape and a black saddle. While I don't intend and I'm not changing the groupset on the bike as I do like the shimano 600, same with all the other parts. I have ordered some white hoods for the levers, laid my hands on a nos black turbo special saddle and have fitted pink benotto tape.

Pics will follow when all done but the idea was to make it look a bit more team like.

Hi Maca
Well done I've enjoyed reading your build the details are what makes a build so enjoyable, the brakes used in 1989 were clb's and not as good as the shimano ones you have, that picture of me in my avatar was taken in 1989 we all used to mix and match components in those days along with the fade paint jobs :) For a touch of reality I worked on the milk race that year when Joey Mcloughlin rode for Peugeot, I got close to these bikes every day in that race, my memories are that i was getting blisters pumping the Raleigh Banana tyres up, when the Peugeot mechanic had a compressor !! he never lent it to me :-(

Re: Peugeot 753 in Team Z Colours (few small changes 27th Jan)

Thanks Doubledee,
Appreciate the comments, it took a while but I'm happy with it now and every thing is period correct (as far as I am aware).

That's a good story to have, those selfish French eh ......... prob saw it as an edge :)

Re: Peugeot 753 in Team Z Colours (few small changes 27th Jan)

Well again made a change, finally found some new old stock purple look pedals that I wanted. That's it now shes 100% finished.

Few shots taken with my new camera :)

kgt":3w30ogk8 said:

Thanks Kgt, sad to say this bikes just not getting used. To small for me really but don't want to let it go as its what I had back in the day and its what got me back into it all.

Might try and find a larger frame and do another.

Re:

And get a purple Avocet just like Robert's? :LOL:

Nice one Paul. My first road bike was a Peugeot 531

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":15rfk38i said:
And get a purple Avocet just like Robert's? :LOL:

Nice one Paul. My first road bike was a Peugeot 531

Mike

A soon as I can find one Mike :)

Back