pencil it in ya'll 2017 peaks ride 15 october

Re: Re:

elPedro666":2zwavh0y said:
Is it too late to petition for Saturday - got another ride come up on Sunday?!

Reckon when push comes to shove this'll be the one we're on though...

I could possibly be persuaded to do both... if anyone else fancies Saturday. Perhaps make that a Hope Valley based ride?

I'd need a slightly later start on Saturday though - maybe 12:30 or so?

Looks like Kean and I will be bikepacking around Edale (probz Cooper's Farm/Nag's Head) on the Saturday night, so will endeavour to meet up with the ride on the Sunday through to your lunch stop. We'll peel off then and head back into Manchester. Will check in here for the route and timings nearer the day.

Are we doing any sort of recce/Saturday alternative? I'd happily sort a route for Saturday... (hmmm - Cavedale).

Might be able to do something the week before?

Really looking forward to the main event though. Bring on the snow

im not going to get a recce ride in so lets just presume wet trails with rocks, wet tarmac and gravel paths. meet at the layby just up from ladybower inn going towards sheffield as its free and large enough for lots of us.

this wont be a hard as feck ride, just a few cool sections linked by fire road around derwent and an outside cafe stop at fairholmes. 20 ish miles, loadsa fun and banter

no bike, no ride ;)

Re: Re:

LongboardSi":1tkdabb8 said:
I could possibly be persuaded to do both... if anyone else fancies Saturday. Perhaps make that a Hope Valley based ride?

I'd need a slightly later start on Saturday though - maybe 12:30 or so?

Sounds perfect!
So long as it's not absolutely lashing down our rough plan is to arrive at Laneside Saturday morning, 'fast'* ride with you and Martin (Harry Crumb) on the Saturday, demolish the contents of the pub kitchen Saturday night - thus leaving little space for excessive ale - and be up and out to retro on Sunday morning...

It all sounds so simple :eek:

*pretty sure I'll be the weak link so however fast I can manage! Might even squeeze in a modern bike (or more likely use the not-quite-retro Silk both days, because it's the one that's actually working at the moment...) :LOL:

Kean and I will stay at Laneside then on the Saturday night. Which pub will you be frequenting and where is The Great Monkey of Hope these days?

Attachments

• Peaks2010-03.jpg
    Peaks2010-03.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 742
Back