PACE rip off!

Whilst we're at it: I've had 5 Paces now, and numerous forks. I fell in love with the RC100 when I worked in On Your Bike in the late 80s and had them on and off since but....

I recently got a RC250t from a friend who never built it up and have made it into a street bike. I asked Pace if they still did a suitable fork and asked a few questions about the frame.... I got a very curt 'no'. It seems they made the frame (all of them) wrong, so the rear disk caliper fouls the wheel, that's why they all have a magura on the rear.

There were times when you could ring up Tug at Pace and ask him stuff, he would send stuff and it was all cool.

Now they have gone back on their "its hip to be square" roots and made that fugley oriental frame.

Not a happy Pace fan.

134048709_a160e34829.jpg

NOTE: Marzocchi forks

Dudes, here’s the reason pace ditched the box section frames.

http://www.pace-racing.co.uk/newsstory.asp?id=230

MBR wanted the ‘303 built in a heavy duty trail bike spec’ . Weighing in @ 29.5lbs it’s hard to imagine that the same frame can also be built into a superlight XC charger @ 23lbs. And for us it was important to show how much the ‘303 has moved on from the RC300. The box section 100, 200 and 300’s were classics, but with a 15 year life we thought it about time those whippets were retired from racing. Here is what MBR said…’the RC303XCAM will, if the world’s fair, become as popular as the square tubed frames of yore’

‘It has the makings of a classic in waiting’

‘The compliant rear end, spot on geometry come together in a bike we wouldn’t fail to recommend’

MBR July issue. Page 106 - 10/10- Simply the best and without fault.
WMB July issue. WMB Hottest Bikes of the Year supplement - Gold Award

I rekon the only reason Pace frames were so liked was 'cause they looked so damn cool. I rode my F8 at the Red Bull ('03?) where the ground was like cobbles. It nearly killed me 'cause the frame was so stiff, but I loved it because it was such a lovely bike to look at. (Okay, it was very fast too!)
1714112_4870797d8c_o.jpg

Latest posts

Back