Wanted Pace rear caliper hanger.

Rob2000

Retro Newbie
Hi,

Currently rebuilding my late fathers Pace rc200. When taking the rear brake caliper off, it must have been seized with the caliper hanger which also came off. After a replacement.

Also, any advice on making the frame shine like it used to?

Thanks in advance. inbound6909563711911083410.jpg inbound4807787801572072033.jpg inbound564011708613691409.jpg

That's an F3 1994 bike, search for PACE serial database on here and get it added :).

Measure the other one and you should find some online.

And call it a Brake Boss

Last edited:
Looking at the mangled threads on the brake stud it looks like it has either pulled the aluminium thread out with it or certainly done some damage on the way out. I'd check the thread in the frame with a bolt of the same diameter and pitch, might need a repair with a helicoil or going oversize / drill through with a threaded insert.
Plenty of elbow grease with Brasso is good for a polish or Autosol if marks are a bit more stubborn. These are lovely bikes to ride and well worth the effort to fettle it. Hope you get it sorted and out for a ride on it soon.

Looking at the mangled threads on the brake stud it looks like it has either pulled the aluminium thread out with it or certainly done some damage on the way out. I'd check the thread in the frame with a bolt of the same diameter and pitch, might need a repair with a helicoil or going oversize / drill through with a threaded insert.
Plenty of elbow grease with Brasso is good for a polish or Autosol if marks are a bit more stubborn. These are lovely bikes to ride and well worth the effort to fettle it. Hope you get it sorted and out for a ride on it soon.
That was me using a pair of pliers to grip it trying to undo it. 🙄.

Anyone know where i can find an m6 brake boss. Seems most are m8 or m10. Found one on brakestuff, but with €20 postage, one brake boss is quite expensive.

Check your frame threads first with another M6 bolt, they might be ok but you may need to go oversize anyway, M6 bosses can be a bit tricky to find. Not sure if @justbackdated might have any? He can help with some Pace bits and fork spares etc.
I have made these before so PM me if you are stuck

Threaded portion might not be as long and might need a little counter bore to sink it flush but should work fine if the threads in the frame are good. If frame threads are bad then then a helicoil will sort it.

As mentioned before I'd check the frame threads first

I might have something from a pace fork. I'll try and dig it out tomorrow.

I'd also be thinking about changing that rear rim, it looks very very worn. Doesn't look like it has much life left on the braking surface.

Threaded portion might not be as long and might need a little counter bore to sink it flush but should work fine if the threads in the frame are good. If frame threads are bad then then a helicoil will sort it.

As mentioned before I'd check the frame threads first
Legend! Thanks.

Back