Pace RC35 Damper screw assembly

Orange Squash

Dirt Disciple
Hi, does anyone know how much and how to get a pair of (I think this is what they're called) "damper screw assembly" part number XCS 025 for a pair of Atmos Balanced RC35 forks (1994). It's the two long screws that go in up the drop outs to screw the sliders into the carbon legs. Including the pair of nylon washers and the pair of top out bungs.
Bought a pair of forks off ebay and these bits are missing! And the nice chap who took my money is not responding to messages. I think he thought I was born yesterday!
I wasn't, by the way.
Thanks chaps.

You can stil get new parts from pace direct. I'd open a dispute via eBay if I were you. As it sounds as though the forks weren't as described. I assume the elastomers are missing too?

ishaw":1ova4j2e said:
You can stil get new parts from pace direct. I'd open a dispute via eBay if I were you. As it sounds as though the forks weren't as described. I assume the elastomers are missing too?

I've spoken to pace and they don't have any in stock at the mo (might be getting some made).

I've messaged the bloke but no reply yet, I'll give him till tonight. They were dismantled in the picture and when I got them but the legs were in the sliders both in the picture and when I got them. I got an allen key out to undo the bolts up the legs and they weren't there! Nor where the top out bungs. The steerer tube was different to the picture as well but I wasn't too bothered about that.
I think he's trying to pull a fast one but he's come up against the wrong bloke. I have the exact same pair in stock so I know the difference.
In fact now that I'm talking I'm getting mad, I'll start procedures now!!!
Hold me back!

Finally got resolution from the seller. I'm just debating whether to try and find the missing assembly from somewhere or sell them as they are, spares or repair sort of thing. What does anyone think? Is there a market for good condition but not complete RC35's?

cherrybomb":3tpb41cd said:
Have you tried Tim (justbackdated)?

He may well have the parts you need. ;)
Good point, I generally go to Tim for all my pace needs.

If you click on the PM link at the bottom of my post, when the message page opens you'll see at the top it says

"too: cherry bomb".

Click remove and then type justbackdated into the box on the left that has Send too Username: written over it. ;)

cherrybomb":216pwf4u said:
If you click on the PM link at the bottom of my post, when the message page opens you'll see at the top it says

"too: cherry bomb".

Click remove and then type justbackdated into the box on the left that has Send too Username: written over it. ;)

Thanks for that, I went round the houses in the end and found him, I'm PM'ing him as we speak.

Back