Pace Fork - RC35 - not what I expected

Yep. The 97 RC36 had progressive springs just like that wound by Eibach. The blue is the hard one with red medium and yellow soft.

citrixccea":3f1q93qk said:
Here's a pic.... the elastomer stack is short because of the ones that have imploded....
It's also short as there should be a plastic spacer in between each elastomer that cups each elastomer top and bottom as well.

Re:

Mmmm yes I'd expected spacers as well....

The elastomers I have are stuck together - well except for one that's in slightly dubious health.... as the blue spring is hard and I've always struggled getting much travel out of it, I'm probably going split these elastomers up and put some spacers in, and maybe a softish spring....

Can anyone tell me to how to service the damper?

Re: Re:

citrixccea":3hrgudiw said:
Mmmm yes I'd expected spacers as well....

The elastomers I have are stuck together - well except for one that's in slightly dubious health.... as the blue spring is hard and I've always struggled getting much travel out of it, I'm probably going split these elastomers up and put some spacers in, and maybe a softish spring....

Can anyone tell me to how to service the damper?

If it's the same as the 97 RC36 (and I think it is)...

Start by unscrewing the allen bolt that holds the rebound damper adjuster in place. The adjuster should then just lift off. Underneath you will see a circlip holding the top of the damper in place. Remove that carefully with a proper set of circlip pliers then turn the fork upside down and pump the rod that goes into the damper up and down until all the damper fluid stops coming out. You will then need to refill the cartridge with 50ml of 5wt damper fluid (see here) before following the previous instructions in reverse to reassemble the cartridge.

I'm sure you're already aware but Pace forks like to have a lot of fresh grease in them to keep them running sweet so get some RC-7 grease off of Pace's website and a grease gun and give them a regular squirt of grease before you go riding.

Back